Discussion topic: Sky Q without TV Package

This message was authored by larlew This message was authored by: larlew

Sky Q without TV Package

I've recently purchased a Sky Q box and find rarely watch Sky Channels but mainly stream so have decided to remove my TV package to save money.

I believe I'm still classed as a Sky customer (platinum) as I am sticking with broadband and have a phone contract still.

My question, can I still get Sky Movies (monthly, not contract) as an add-on? If so, would I also get the 2 x free Vue cinema tickets each month?

Best Answers
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020 Answer

Re: Sky Q without TV Package

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If you remove your base TV package then you have to send the kit back to Sky.  You cannot have a movie package without a base TV pack.  (You didn't purchase a Sky Q box - they are only loaned for the duration of your contract)

Depending on how recently you contracted you may not be able to cancel within the initial 18/24 months.

NowTV may be more suitable for you...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020 Answer

If you remove your base TV package then you have to send the kit back to Sky.  You cannot have a movie package without a base TV pack.  (You didn't purchase a Sky Q box - they are only loaned for the duration of your contract)

Depending on how recently you contracted you may not be able to cancel within the initial 18/24 months.

NowTV may be more suitable for you...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@larlew 

And you also cannot have Sky Cinema on top of TV Essentials (free to air satellite reception with subscription recording on a Q box) which is the minimum necessary to keep the hardware.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@larlew wrote:

I've recently purchased a Sky Q box and find rarely watch Sky Channels but mainly stream so have decided to remove my TV package to save money.

I believe I'm still classed as a Sky customer (platinum) as I am sticking with broadband and have a phone contract still.

My question, can I still get Sky Movies (monthly, not contract) as an add-on? If so, would I also get the 2 x free Vue cinema tickets each month?

The Vue cinema tickets promotion ends next month, as per the t's and c's on the Vue website here:

https://www.myvue.com/legal/terms-and-conditions#sky-cinema-terms-and-conditions 

If the free cinema tickets are important to you then it's probably not worth considering a long term Sky Cinema contract.

larlew
Topic Author
This message was authored by larlew This message was authored by: larlew

I'm so sorry, I meant Sky Glass. I now have the new TV thingy. 

As you can see, I'm a complete technophobe! Oops. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@larlew 

Same thing with Glass: the baseline content subscription had to be in place in order to have an add-on.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Mister_Dalek This message was authored by: Mister_Dalek

@larlew 

If you have a Glass TV without a streaming TV subscription but just want Sky Cinema, you could use the NOW app on a FireTV Stick attached to the Glass TV. It allows you to subscribe to Sky Cinema on its own without need for any other TV package. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion