Discussion topic: Sky Q equipment

This message was authored by LaurenW25 This message was authored by: LaurenW25

Sky Q equipment

I recently swapped from sky Q to Sky Glass and I'm unsure as to how to send the Sky Q box equipment back could someone please help me 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Sky Q equipment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LaurenW25 

It is usually sent out near the end of a cancellation period, which is 31 days in case you can't get on with Glass. 

You can reuse any packaging as long as it’s secure and you may want to put a note inside with your account number and a list of equipment that is included. The link below also explains about how to receive an email with your return labels through Royal Mail.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/return-tv-broadband

If you haven’t anything suitable contact Sky again. Keep your proof of posting very safe and indefinitely as Unipart, who handle the UK returns, don’t appear to be that well organised.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@LaurenW25 wrote:

I recently swapped from sky Q to Sky Glass and I'm unsure as to how to send the Sky Q box equipment back could someone please help me 

Hi @LaurenW25 

Sky should request these after you have gone through your initial period with Glass.

Normally after the first 31 days

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@LaurenW25 

It is usually sent out near the end of a cancellation period, which is 31 days in case you can't get on with Glass. 

You can reuse any packaging as long as it’s secure and you may want to put a note inside with your account number and a list of equipment that is included. The link below also explains about how to receive an email with your return labels through Royal Mail.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/return-tv-broadband

If you haven’t anything suitable contact Sky again. Keep your proof of posting very safe and indefinitely as Unipart, who handle the UK returns, don’t appear to be that well organised.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by slaters This message was authored by: slaters

I never recieved the packaging that Sky apparently sent me, and they said due to their enviromental policy they do not resend it. Had to find my own box in the end, I wasnt prepared to purchase packaging so had to find something suitable.

They bombared you with messages until you send the equipment back. 

Yes as others have said you get a 31 day cooling off period with Glass then I think it was 60 days to send the other Sky equipment back 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

My returns boxes from Sky only arrived after 7 weeks so don't be too concerned if they take a while.

When you send it back make sure you get a proof of posting and keep it safe.  I also took photos of the equipment in the box so I had proof in addition to the postage receipt.  I didn't want them saying I had returned damaged equipment etc.

Sky don't let you know when they have received your old equipment but I asked them some time later when I phoned on another matter and they confirmed receipt.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
LaurenW25
Topic Author
This message was authored by LaurenW25 This message was authored by: LaurenW25

Thank you all so much. I'll do what you all have said 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion