Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

@Polqaz wrote:

@Paul+Dray

Thanks - I disabled the private relay feature on my iPhone but unfortunately there is no change.  Also tried logging on using a dell device but the same issue arises.

Ah ok not that then. Thanks for ruling that out. 
Can't imagine the router itself would have any settings blocking the activation page. 
have you tried the phone using your mobile data and not the wifi?

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS030.528.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Tv isn’t working

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paulbuckland557 wrote:

Lattice, this is not the way it works... I'm reading countless people agreeing it doesn't work,and none saying it did. 

I know u are not a sky employee so please don't pretend things for them...

It works for most people so would you prefer we post nothing and leave other customers without any kind of solution?

No one is pretending things for Sky we are simply trying to help other customers.  

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Ricardo414 This message was authored by: Ricardo414

I m logging off now , Monday will try calling those people again . Something must be done by now 

@GD1 wrote:

@Paulbuckland557 wrote:

Lattice, this is not the way it works... I'm reading countless people agreeing it doesn't work,and none saying it did. 

It works for most people so would you prefer we post nothing and leave other customers without any kind of solution?

No one is pretending things for Sky we are simply trying to help other customers.  

Exactly. When I did the puck recover procedure it worked first time at all stages. It has for many others too. 
We're just trying to work out what's going on with those who have a different experience 

————————
————————
This message was authored by TelTell This message was authored by: TelTell

Reset puck. easy. Pin not recognised. So I reset to same as before. Still failed.

the issue is unresolved. Not only does the system not recognise the reset pin, which is the same as the old pin, it won't advance the counter on any attempt. Looks like the DB holding pin info is corrupt or offline or there's some other comms issue. So I'm looking at a blue screen (shades of the old days) as shown. Well it would be shown but for the fact that I'm unable to post a photo. Looking like the software is so buggie that nothing works these days. 

I tried ringing Sky and waited nearly an hour when 9pm arrived and was wasting time to stay on line. Cannot say I'm impressed.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Paulbuckland557 wrote:

It works for the majority ........ we are trying to figure out the rest as we go along 

There's countless more people who have tried it and have got a working tv back 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Reset puck. easy. Pin not recognised. So I reset to same as before. Still failed.

Hi @TelTell 

See the answer in this thread: https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/td-p/4755170

There is a note that if you get the pin issue, you need to restart your device i.e turn off and on again, not reset.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
This message was authored by Polqaz This message was authored by: Polqaz

@Paul+Dray 

Yes - I have tried using the mobile service not WiFi but no change, sorry!

@Polqaz 

Just to be super certain ..... are you sure you haven't got 2 sky accounts (1 mobile and 1 tv) or even an older one from before when you cancelled at some point ?

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Mary661 This message was authored by: Mary661

Exactly the same as my poor housebound mother still no joy been off since Thursday evening.Thought I had solved it got TV back on but no where to put code 🙃

This message was authored by John2996 This message was authored by: John2996

Sky Glass will not reload despite carrying out all the suggested reboots

Still getting the message 'connection failed' despite carrying out the Sky recommendations. Waited 50 minutes on phone - no response. John

@Polqaz wrote:

@Paul+Dray 

Also have you tried pulling the plug on your router for a good 10 minutes then trying again 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Paul+Dray wrote:

@GD1 wrote:

@Paulbuckland557 wrote:

Exactly. When I did the puck recover procedure it worked first time at all stages. It has for many others too. 
We're just trying to work out what's going on with those who have a different experience 

@Paul+Dray  that was my experience as well.  It took no more than 5-6 minuted to be up and running and that was despite making an error along the way. I thought I was logged into account but got the error message so signed in and away we went again.

The majority of people who have their systems working again are busy watching TV and not trying to help other subscribers find a way through their issues.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

@Polqaz wrote:

@Paul+Dray 

Hmm ok. A proper test would be to delete the sky cookies in the phone browser and then reboot the phone and then try it again connected to the mobile network. Not sure if you tried that. 

————————
————————
This message was authored by Becky99problems This message was authored by: Becky99problems

I tried a few things and it's fixed after 3 days! I didn't follow the sky help but reset the WPS on the router and it seems to have reset it but now working. Thanks 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion