Discussion topic: Sky Glass tv dimension

This message was authored by JakeCorderoy This message was authored by: JakeCorderoy

Sky Glass tv dimension

Hello,

I have ordered a sky glass tv, but have seen there are issues with the supplied wall mount and being able to fit a plug socket behind it. 

could someone please tell me what the dimensions of the cut out area where the plug and hdmi ports are please? Would a plug be able to fit in this gap? 
thanks in advance 

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Sky Glass tv dimension

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JakeCorderoy 

The ports on a Glass television are in the upper face of a shallow cutout on the left bottom of the set (as seen when wall mounted)

This cutout is not designed to accommodate a mains plug: it's about a centimetre deep.

TV-size-104bbd0.jpg

158650-tv-review-hands-on-sky-glass-main-image5-h4p1rxgwnb (1) (1).jpg

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Sky Glass tv dimension

@JakeCorderoy 

The ports on a Glass television are in the upper face of a shallow cutout on the left bottom of the set (as seen when wall mounted)

This cutout is not designed to accommodate a mains plug: it's about a centimetre deep.

TV-size-104bbd0.jpg

158650-tv-review-hands-on-sky-glass-main-image5-h4p1rxgwnb (1) (1).jpg

This message was authored by abadge This message was authored by: abadge

Re: Sky Glass tv wall fitting

So I want to mount the Glass TV on the wall, and a mount is provided. I do not want the power cable to be seen, all I want to see is TV, and no dangly bits. With a mains socket on the the wall,  in the area covered by the TV, it seems from the post above there is no room from the wall to TV to fit the power plug?

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@abadge wrote:

there is no room from the wall to TV to fit the power plug?

On the mount provided by Sky, that is correct.

Re: What are dimensions of the 55" sky glass tv

My  55" Sony is 123mm x 73mm, and diagonal is 55" (140mm).  I assume then the speaker is depth on the 55" Glass TV, is 5mm, so actually the Glass TV is a genuine 55" diagonal tv? as it does not incude the speakers?

Looks like i'll have use a low wall socket and bury the power cable in channel in the wall☹️

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: What are dimensions of the 55" sky glass tv

@abadge wrote:

so actually the Glass TV is a genuine 55" diagonal tv?

The QLED LCD panels used in Glass are the generic mass-production 43", 55" and 65" diagonal  sizes in a 16:9 aspect ratio as would be expected: doing anything else would be incredibly expensive as that would require custom screen manufacturing.  The vertical dimension in millimetres which Sky quotes in the detailed specifications includes the speaker bar height.

Sizes.png

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion