Discussion topic: Sky Glass speaker buzz at lower frequencies

This message was authored by AlexBB This message was authored by: AlexBB

Sky Glass speaker buzz at lower frequencies

This is my first post. Had my 55" glass delivered yesterday. Speaker has a buzz at low frequencies. Called Sky this morning who have said it's a known issue. They suggested setting the sound to PCM stereo as a work around whilst they try and resolve it. I said I thought it was a hardware issue rather than a software issue. Have been asked to call back in a week if I haven't heard back from them. They will then replace the unit if necessary. Not particularly happy with this response. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky Glass speaker buzz at lower frequencies

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AlexBB Welcome to the forum.  Did changing the audio settings to PCM help at all, I suspect not.  There have been a number of posts with this complaint on the forum since Glass was released.  I would pursue the replacement route as it will most likely be a hardware issue as you suspect.

I do recall a post some time ago where someone actually went to the trouble of taking the back off their Glass TV and found the buzzing was caused by a loose wire vibrating against a speaker.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
AlexBB
Topic Author
This message was authored by AlexBB This message was authored by: AlexBB

Re: Sky Glass speaker buzz at lower frequencies

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I've read about people removing the loose wire or tape as a solution. I don't want to do that at this stage. I'll push for a replacement but suspect this is going to be a battle with Sky. Hopefully not obviously, but they do need to resolve it quickly with a new 'new' unit rather than a refurbished one. Fingers crossed! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion