Discussion topic: Sky Glass play sound when turned off

This message was authored by West0 This message was authored by: West0

Sky Glass play sound when turned off

We've noticed a few odd things with our Sky Glass recently. 

Over the last few weeks we've had quite a bit of freezing where nothing works, or channels not loading when selected. The only way to sort this seems to be unplugging the power and then plugging it back in again. 

The strangest one though is when the TV is in standby mode it will occasionally play random bits of TV audio. A short moment ago we had a few seconds of the Taskmaster theme tune. We had been watching this program earlier. 
We've also had random audio that we can't identify as well which we don't think is similar to what we have recently been watching. 

Has anyone else experienced this?

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: Sky Glass play sound when turned off

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you for highlighting this problem.

I can confirm that we are aware of the sound problem in standby and are investigating. When I know more, I'll update everyone.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by wsimm This message was authored by: wsimm

Had the exact same thing happen twice tonight, quite unnerving when asleep. It was audio from a programme we watched a few hours prior..

This message was authored by PSC133 This message was authored by: PSC133

I can understand why that would be unnerving!

You don't live in Enfield by any chance?

Nope Wellingborough, East Midlands. Had to mute the tv. Will unplug today, normally solves any Glass issues we've had like missing the option to restart shows etc

This message was authored by Curtis75 This message was authored by: Curtis75

@PSC133 wrote:

I can understand why that would be unnerving!

😂

😅just got it

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

🤣

This message was authored by Happy_ This message was authored by: Happy_

I'm getting the same thing  

This message was authored by DraigGoch79 This message was authored by: DraigGoch79

I'm getting the exact same thing! It's getting annoying now and I have unplugged the tv restarted the tv and even reset the whole thing but it still happens during the early hours of the morning sometimes!   Sky don't even have an answer either which is typical after sales of them 

This message was authored by MooMike This message was authored by: MooMike

Same here, really bloody annoying.  Only seems to happen though if you've watched something on Channel 4.  Channel 4 is also the worst app for crashing/freezing/DRM errors too.

Hate this damned Glass crap, cant wait til the contract is up.

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Thank you for highlighting this problem.

I can confirm that we are aware of the sound problem in standby and are investigating. When I know more, I'll update everyone.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Scw1 This message was authored by: Scw1

Mine is doing this too!!! 

This message was authored by Shaz.technophobe This message was authored by: Shaz.technophobe

Me too. It frightened the life out of me the first time! I also have problems switching it on some mornings.  I have to unplug it and plug it back in, then I can switch it on. Also had the freezing issue.

The new voices in standby,  was also a program I was watching hours earlier. So weird!!

This message was authored by Samh This message was authored by: Samh

My TV has started doing this all the time.  When will a bug fix be issued?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Samh it appears to mostly happen when the set is turned off after using the Ch4 app exiting the app by briefly tuning to a live channel seems to be a work round while Sky sort it.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion