Discussion topic: Sky Glass is a waste of space

This message was authored by SarahB7 This message was authored by: SarahB7

Sky Glass is a waste of space

It hasn't worked properly since I got it. Speakers are fussy and horrible. I have told Sky.  It freezes all the time and then won't go onto channels. Just a message saying loading. And nothing won't load. I wish I had never been forced to getting one from Sky saying it would be cheaper bills if I did get one.and now nothing at all. It's rubbish.

All Replies

This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

Re: Sky Glass is a waste of space

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SarahB7  I assume you have checked what speeds your getting to your glass,also I don't believe you have been forced into buying it surly that was your choice

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@SarahB7 wrote:

I wish I had never been forced to getting one from Sky 

@SarahB7 

No one forced you into getting one. You may have been encouraged to sign up to Glass. Other platforms are still available such as Sky Q or Stream.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@SarahB7 Glass TVs are now working again, if you follow the recovery procedure.

This message was authored by Lauren222 This message was authored by: Lauren222

@Mark39 not all sky glass tvs are working the recovery procedure is only a troubleshoot and only works for certain people there's is still 100s of not 1000s still without 

@Lauren222 wrote:

@Mark39 not all sky glass tvs are working the recovery procedure is only a troubleshoot and only works for certain people there's is still 100s of not 1000s still without 

Only Sky would have any indication of how many Glass users remain affected. '100s if not 1000s' is just speculative. I assume you've tried the most recent update to the recovery instructions: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on

This message was authored by Lauren222 This message was authored by: Lauren222

@Mark39 yes I have , everyone keeps says that's a fix but it's not? 

This message was authored by Gavin+Noble This message was authored by: Gavin+Noble

Are you still within the cool down period? If so, return it if you're not happy with it. It's not to everyone's taste. 

I'm pretty happy with it and how it works because it's my sole TV and was the only option at the time I could have. Given a free choice Sky Q would be my preference but I couldn't get that installed in my rental property at the time. 

I understand it's not ideal for everyone. 

@Lauren222 wrote:

@Mark39 yes I have , everyone keeps says that's a fix but it's not? 

Personally, I don't think it's a fix, (I don't know what, if anything, went wrong to need a fix) but rather a recovery process. Unfortunately it appears not to have worked for you. Looks like you've been in touch with Sky already, so I guess you're stuck with waiting to see what they come up with for you.

This message was authored by MichelleRB This message was authored by: MichelleRB

Totally agree and no answering there phones been listening to the same music for 1hour and 15min what a joke I'm guessing I'm the punchline. Wouldn't mind but I've been a loyal customer for over 15 years now 

This message was authored by Anita1949 This message was authored by: Anita1949

So how easy is it to go back to SKY Q, at least that did work.

This message was authored by Killgore77 This message was authored by: Killgore77

I have go tthe TV back on but now it doesn't recognise my WIFI router, even though I am putting in all the correct info and even when I use WPS

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion