Discussion topic: Sky Glass crashing on QS021.003.01P.

This message was authored by AJM1972 This message was authored by: AJM1972

Sky Glass crashing on QS021.003.01P.

My Glass updated to this version on Friday 15th. Since then, it has crashed several times when coming out of standby. The screen freezes and I have to turn it off and on at the socket, then the SKY logo appears as the set restarts. Very annoying. Seems to happen when it's been in standby for more than an hour or so.

--
Sky Glass Medium. Previously Sky Q, Sky + HD. 600Mbps Gigaclear FTTP .

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky Glass crashing on QS021.003.01P.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AJM1972 Seeing as the problem seems to occur after coming out of standby I wonder if it is losing the network.  I had a similar problem when I first got Sky Glass and resolved the issue by going into the Settings > Start up & Standby menu and them make sure the option of Networked Standby Mode is turned ON.  This essentially stops your Glass losing the network when it is in standby.

It's definitely worth a try 😀🤞

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
AJM1972
Topic Author
This message was authored by AJM1972 This message was authored by: AJM1972

Re: Sky Glass crashing on QS021.003.01P.

I checked and Network Standby mode is on. I've rebooted the set a couple more times and the issue subsided slightly, and it hasn't happened at all today so fingers crossed.

--
Sky Glass Medium. Previously Sky Q, Sky + HD. 600Mbps Gigaclear FTTP .

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion