Discussion topic: Sky Glass TV not compatible with PS4?

This message was authored by LeaveMeAloan This message was authored by: LeaveMeAloan

Sky Glass TV not compatible with PS4?

I have tried to connect my ps4 to my sky glass but it doesn't seem compatable. I get a static screen then it goes black every few seconds. I went out and got a HDMI capable  (Gioteck 8K HDMI) and I've tried it in all 3 HDMI ports at the back of the tv but none are working.

any suggestions? I'm not great with technology so maybe I'm just missing something?

All Replies

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

Re: Sky Glass TV not compatible with PS4?

Try resetting your PS4 video output settings as if you've used it on another TV before, it might be set up to an unsupported format. 

I can't remember how to do it but you should be able to find out quickly with a quick Google search. 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I think the setting should be within Settings > Sound and Screen > Video Output Settings on the PS4.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Nigelb1972 This message was authored by: Nigelb1972

@MarkGoldsmith that's how you do it if you can see it but I'm sure there's also a way to do it if you can't 

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Oops yeah I didn't think about that if you can't see it on the screen in the first place 

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by SaraLouWho This message was authored by: SaraLouWho

Just experienced this issue and I have discovered the answer.  

Plug PS into another tv. Instead of going through  "audio and video output" go through "system". 

Tick the box to enable hdmi link. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion