Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Cdrw111 This message was authored by: Cdrw111

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Hi no VPN and only one sky id. Its the site sky.com/activate that is down. Tried a few different devices,os system and Internet connections.  Nothing worked. 

This message was authored by David+s+n This message was authored by: David+s+n

Hi lettice and patsy and Lee. I have tried all of your solutions but in every attempt i can get to the link you're account screen go to sky

.com_activate ysing abot three different devices and different links and am signed in .But when i enteractigate code nothing happens. Dave 

There is something wrong with that site. That seems to be the issue. Sky cannot seem to understand that. 

This message was authored by Sally102 This message was authored by: Sally102

Re: Still. No sky stream since Thursday evening

Hi thanks for your reply but we have already tried that 😔

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cdrw111 wrote:

Thanks tried that. No joy. Getting as far as linking account but the site https://sky.com/activate is down. Can't seem to get sky to understand that. 

It's not down. I can navigate directly to it 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Thanks yes working for some folks and not for others. Something to do with an upgrade Sky did . I tried ipad, andriod and windows but just states its down. 

Cdrw111_0-1726935949954.png

@Cdrw111 wrote:

There is something wrong with that site. That seems to be the issue. Sky cannot seem to understand that. 

I'm wondering if the site is geo locked to uk only ip addresses. It maybe worth you pulling the plug on the router for 10 minutes so that it picks up a new / different external ip address 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Poppy6r This message was authored by: Poppy6r

Well I'm back in queue! 
tried again and again, still won't except activation code.  
even checking on my App it doesn't have my Glass TV as my product. 
I don't have a sky subscription, just my tv that I have Prime etc on. 
Pretty fed up right now. 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I have done the update with t v connected to the cable was the only way.  Now i have cancelled my sky my whole t v is blank of any apps or t v guide so can only watch through h d m i other device connected.   On update set up its said put a code in to link to account to set the t v up cause i cant do that bit as xancelled my sky account so basically is just a t v onky works with putsode devices now. It did used to work with everything free  though didnt have account before. But t v has reset blank after up date so left it at that.   Gone to e e. T v mini box now given up sky after along 10 years memeber.    

Thanks Ill give that a go.

@Poppy6r wrote:

Well I'm back in queue! 
tried again and again, still won't except activation code.  
even checking on my App it doesn't have my Glass TV as my product. 
I don't have a sky subscription, just my tv that I have Prime etc on. 
Pretty fed up right now. 

The tv should still recognise your sky id even if you don't have a subscription 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Ye i gave up. Couldnt do activation key as cancelled my account friday afyer ten years. So have a sky glass that now only works with outside devices plugged in to t v. The up date only worked with internet  cable gave up with w i f i.  Now all set up with e e t v box and w i f i using it again.  Was not going  be defeated just had enough. 

This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

Re: Sky glass won’t connect to broadband

I hope customers get compensation or money back due to loss of service if its still ongoing still should do loss of tv service 

This message was authored by Matt02021 This message was authored by: Matt02021

Just thinking about how its going to affect the boxing? Big ppv and a lot of customers cannot get the issue fixed. A lot of money could be lossed. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion