Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Paul100183 This message was authored by: Paul100183

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

My tv has now been off since last Friday, I can't even get the screen to come on, I can hear the tv start up during the software update but I can't even get a picture on my screen! Anyone else experiencing similar?

This message was authored by Jov2815 This message was authored by: Jov2815

Tried this it has t worked have been waiting on phone for 30 mins now got cut off sky really is useless when things go wrong !!!!

This message was authored by Shonagh1982 This message was authored by: Shonagh1982

@Paul100183  I'm experiencing the exact same problem mine happened Friday too. I've been on the phone countless times to sky with no help apart from keep rebooting. Got a girl this evening who has sent the issue to another tech department apparently level 2 or 3 as the ones we initially talk to are level 1 tech. So now I'm waiting on a call back on Friday with hopefully more answers and  help to resolve it.  I'm out of warranty by 8 months and got told by a sky agent at the weekend that I would need to replace the tv at my own cost to which they got told absolutely not as I never caused the software update to ruin my tv. All in all so frustrated and disappointed  in this. She told me not to keep doing the update as it could completely ruin the tv as it going right back to the original factory settings and could damage the tv the more I do that so  I've to  give it a break and try again tomorrow evening..  

This message was authored by Brian225 This message was authored by: Brian225

This service is not fit for purpose......

This message was authored by Annettebrady This message was authored by: Annettebrady

Have you had any help from sky is yours working now ? We really don't know what to do we have followed the instructions to a tea it's actually my granddaughter that's done it all. 

This message was authored by Paul100183 This message was authored by: Paul100183

I've just got off the phone to sky technical, the steps they went still havnt worked. Apparently now been escalated and should receive a call tomorrow, if not we have to call them. Who has 2 hours an evening to spend in a phone queue after being at work all day, shambles.

This message was authored by Ritamee This message was authored by: Ritamee

Incorrect Pin. Pin isn’t correct

Hi, I am stuck with incorrect pin even after resetting. I am affected by the recent general issues and I followed all the steps you asked me to follow yet no TV to watch because the PIN just won't reset. Kindly help.

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Re: Incorrect Pin. Pin isn’t correct

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ritamee 

Please bear in mind your not talking to Sky, we are fellow customers. Have you tried the advice in post #2 on this thread about powering off your device and on again when seeing the incorrect pin. Other customers have reported success in resetting their pin too.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

Thanks. Yes I did and I just unplugged everything now so to try again tomorrow. Hope I am lucky when I restart. 

This message was authored by Matt19891 This message was authored by: Matt19891

@Jodie1306 we did it that way an it worked it may take u twice to do as we did it the other day an after the second time we did it we haven't had any problems.

This message was authored by Jodie1306 This message was authored by: Jodie1306

Using the ethernet cable worked for me.. fixed it in 5 minutes

This message was authored by JaqiT This message was authored by: JaqiT

The pin is usually the last four numbers on your phone This situation is a real pain I know I was without for 5 days it took me 4 long wait calls to sky to resolve it. I really hope you get sorted soon there are 809 people in Newham affected so bad.

I used it over and over, I even changed it but nah not working. It's going to 5 days now. So baaaaaaad

I will try again when I am back from work. 

This message was authored by Rty This message was authored by: Rty

Well it's now a week without tv and nearly 5 hours of phone waits  no fix it is painfully obvious sky don't know what to do and and suggestion of a fix is purely pot lucky if it will work or not.  I have never seen incompetence on this scale even in at time where customer service is dead. I will be leaving pronto if you give me the service for free id still leave 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion