Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Jonathanphillip This message was authored by: Jonathanphillip

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

@Paulbuckland557  yeah me got no solution to the problem just stuck on.it apparently 

This message was authored by Pateys This message was authored by: Pateys

Thanks mate appreciate the advice - shall I just call the customer support number or is there another way to get in touch?

This message was authored by Fayebee83 This message was authored by: Fayebee83

Come back from a weekend away to find the sky glass TV won't turn on. 

Turned off at the mains, held power button, switched on until red led flashes and sky logo comes on. 

Then get a blue screen saying updating software, says connecting directly underneath for about 5 minutes, then goesmto a page asking me to press 7+9 for 2 seconds, then when I press continue it says software error and gives a qr code telling me to do what I've just done. It gives me a reboot option but that just starts the process again.

I've got 2 pucks in the kids bedrooms and they have been completely unaffected luckily. 

But our main TV seems to be a casualty in all this.

Am I going to need a new TV? 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jodie1306 wrote:

I will maybe need to find a cable.. thats the computer cable ? With the clicky ends ? 

Yes, love your description of it.

The Kenable basic ones work well and are good value, if you do not already have one.

You can choose the length, to go from your Sky Glass Tv or puck to your broadband router.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B019ZUD1I8?ref=emc_s_m_5_i_atc

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream with two pucks (Former Sky Q and Sky+ customer), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

This message was authored by BecP1 This message was authored by: BecP1

Re: Sky stream issues

I did finally manage to get it resolved after spending over a hour and 40 minutes on hold on my third attempt to get through to customer services

This message was authored by Jodie1306 This message was authored by: Jodie1306

Thankyou x 

This message was authored by Jodie1306 This message was authored by: Jodie1306

Thats whats happening to me. Im going to try the ethernet cable reboot in the morning

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Jodie1306 wrote:

Thats whats happening to me. Im going to try the ethernet cable reboot in the morning

They got various length ones in Argos but you sometimes get yellow coloured ones in the box with your internet router ..... 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

@Fayebee83 wrote:

Come back from a weekend away to find the sky glass TV won't turn on. 

Turned off at the mains, held power button, switched on until red led flashes and sky logo comes on. 

Then get a blue screen saying updating software, says connecting directly underneath for about 5 minutes, then goesmto a page asking me to press 7+9 for 2 seconds, then when I press continue it says software error and gives a qr code telling me to do what I've just done. It gives me a reboot option but that just starts the process again.

I've got 2 pucks in the kids bedrooms and they have been completely unaffected luckily. 

But our main TV seems to be a casualty in all this.

Am I going to need a new TV? 

Maybe ..... you could try connecting your tv to the router with an Ethernet cable and trying the recovery procedure again 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Ronno61 This message was authored by: Ronno61

Re: Sky glass tv won’t turn on just flashing red light

I have a 55 in skyglass TV, when plugged in,the red standby light is not showing,but the microphone button on the side of the TV lights up for about 10 seconds, what can be done, this TV is less than 2 years ago,isit still under warranty.

This message was authored by Paulbuckland557 This message was authored by: Paulbuckland557

I have only been with sky for 2 mo tgs, never used any more than the o e e.ail address I currently use with them

This message was authored by Phil136 This message was authored by: Phil136

Re: Sky stream still doesn’t work

My Sky doesn't work either 

This message was authored by PT57 This message was authored by: PT57

@Jporch316 Thank you. SKY STREAM NOW WORKING. I changed my email address a few months ago and was using this as my sign in.  Didn't realise the old email which I set up account with was still being accepted as a sign in too.  I signed in with this and was able to activate the code.  Yayyy

@PT57 wrote:

@Jporch316 Thank you. SKY STREAM NOW WORKING. I changed my email address a few months ago and was using this as my sign in.  Didn't realise the old email which I set up account with was still being accepted as a sign in too.  I signed in with this and was able to activate the code.  Yayyy

Brill ..... glad it all worked for you!!

Re: Sky glass tv won’t turn on just flashing red light

@Ronno61 wrote:

I have a 55 in skyglass TV, when plugged in,the red standby light is not showing,but the microphone button on the side of the TV lights up for about 10 seconds, what can be done, this TV is less than 2 years ago,isit still under warranty.

You need to carry out the recovery process as advised on post 2 of this thread ....

pull plug from tv 

hold standby button in (bottom right of tv)

put plug back in while still holding standby button

keep holding standby button until light on front of tv starts flashing 

leave standby button go

follow on screen instructions 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion