Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chloe240 wrote:

image.jpg

@lettice  still not working, just done everything you said and it's still brought me back to the pin page 

have you tried resetting the pin? I had trouble with mine but used the reset button to reset it to the same pin as before. Worked for me ..... 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by mareendavidson This message was authored by: mareendavidson

link account

when putting number in it does not activat a box comes on sreen saying Check your Sky Glass .If you`re not connected try later ,well sick of trying later now only going to give them till this thurday to fix if not cancelling my contract with them and they can have the tv back enough is enough 😡

This message was authored by Kate000123 This message was authored by: Kate000123

Hi @Matt19891 @we are having the same issue. Advice (after an hour on hold) was to reset our router and then try. Still no luck 😧 it is apparently an issue with third party internet providers. We are on day 4 of no TV.  Have no idea what to do next ???

This message was authored by dzy82f This message was authored by: dzy82f

Re: Sky glass not connecting to internet

@Jade963 wrote:

How did you manage that? It won't give me the option to connect to a network 🙃

@Jade963 

If you're using wifi, I think they have a problem with that as well. @lettice As Sky seems to listen to Superusers, please could you draw this to Sky's attention as well? Many thanks

This message was authored by SandiPatsx55 This message was authored by: SandiPatsx55

Hi, 

It's getting annoying  now and I think it's a serious pribkem for Sky ! No tv for me now on the 5 day 😞

This message was authored by Chrismurr80 This message was authored by: Chrismurr80

I doubt there will be any because their argument will be that you could have used SkyGo. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@SandiPatsx55 wrote:

Hi, 

It's getting annoying  now and I think it's a serious pribkem for Sky ! No tv for me now on the 5 day 😞

Judging by the fall off in the numbers being reported, I suspect it's resolved for most now. What problem are you having when you run the recovery process? Where do you get stuck?

This message was authored by dzy82f This message was authored by: dzy82f

@Chrismurr80 wrote:

I doubt there will be any because their argument will be that you could have used SkyGo. 

Not working either; at least fro me

This message was authored by Ian1886 This message was authored by: Ian1886

I have just come off the phone with this very issue...... the postcode conundrum. They are trying to sort it now. Good to hear you have had success . 

This message was authored by SandiPatsx55 This message was authored by: SandiPatsx55

Hi, 

Its all well telling people how to fix it and I've really no idea what to do next! I have followed all the instructions and to no avail. Thanks for replying to me. 

This message was authored by Chloe240 This message was authored by: Chloe240

@Jporch316  Can't reset it as it's asking me for last 4 digits of payment method to change it and I'm putting the last 4 digits of payment method in and it's saying it's incorrect, tried last 4 digits of long card number and account number. Nothing.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Chloe240 wrote:

@Jporch316  Can't reset it as it's asking me for last 4 digits of payment method to change it and I'm putting the last 4 digits of payment method in and it's saying it's incorrect, tried last 4 digits of long card number and account number. Nothing.

What happens if you pull the Ethernet cable out and then restart the puck ?

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Samedwards This message was authored by: Samedwards

Hi @KevNewMedia 

I came home this morning after a night shift to find my SKy glass not working.

I have tried all of the recovery steps but it will not connect to the router.

It's an EE router which is perfectly connected to everything else at home.

Do you have anymore advice please?

Many Thanks

This message was authored by Beardsly1 This message was authored by: Beardsly1

Finally back in to sky glass .. although they said my tv was working ... NO it wasn't .., finally got it going ...

what an absolute disgrace this has been ., with no communication from Sky ... find it extremely odd very wrong doing to people ... 

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

@Samedwards 

I have had the same issue with my EE router and X next to router and Internet. Connecting via ethernet, in was then able to complete the recovery and then WiFi reconnected as usual.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion