Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Jade963 This message was authored by: Jade963

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Ive reset the tv numerous times and followed the instructions on sky recovery again numerous times. I've removed the lead and left it out for hours..but nothing stuck on a blue screen saying updating software 'connecting'...

This message was authored by HuwJames This message was authored by: HuwJames

Re: My sky puk is not working i have no sky tv and havent since 20.9.2024

I keep my finger on the reset button for a minute or two but still nothing!

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Compensation from sky?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kdoodle  Have you followed any of the steps provided in post 2 of this thread?

If you have not already done so have a look at the Answer (post 2) and follow this link https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on for the recovery process. It has not worked for all subscribers

Most people who have an issue seem to get stuck at either the PIN or activation steps. If asked for a PIN just ignore it and unplug your Glass TV and then plug it back in again after about 30 seconds. After it reboots you should be able to continue the recovery procedure.

When you are aske to enter an activation cove ensure you are logged into your My Sky account or you will get an Oops..... error message.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: SKY GLASS STILL NOT WORKING

@Steph79 wrote:

We have followed all of the instructions of resetting the TV and still nothing is working since Friday! The TV is just flashing red LED and thats it

As part of the recovery process, when you turn the Tv back on at the mains, keep the power button on the TV pressed. It may take longer than the prescribed 20 seconds for the recovery process to initiate. It won't matter if you keep it pressed for a couple of minutes.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Sky glass

@side+kick wrote:

mine too since the 18th! ive been on hold now for 1hr 40min!!!

Not sure what you have tried so far.

This is the resolution to try.

It has worked for many Sky Stream and Sky Glass TV customers over the last three days with the issue.

Follow the procedure exactly as described in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 
Try holding down the button for as long as possible, it won't harm keeping it pressed longer than mentioned, but release when you see the blue screen instructions on screen.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

If you have any issue with activation during the process or entering the pin do the following;

Activation problems: 

Try refreshing your browser cache or try the activate link in another browser or device.

Before clicking on the activate link, log in to your MySky account first.

Also, try this alternative link;

Make sure you have logged into your Mysky account in your browser before trying.

https://www.sky.com/productsettings/streaming-tv/activate

Also, you could try using a mobile phone, not connected to your home broadband.

Pin problems:

When at the pin stage and it fails.

Remove the power from your Puck or Sky Glass TV,  leave off for a few minutes and repower.

It will continue, follow the instructions.

This has worked for many having a pin issue

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Piker20 This message was authored by: Piker20

Re: My sky puk is not working i have no sky tv and havent since 20.9.2024

And when instructions never appear? Surely 10 mins holding a stupid button is enough. 

And the phone is pointless, 60mins on hold constantly 

This message was authored by Jimbob5 This message was authored by: Jimbob5

Re: Sky glass

I have tried everything they have said to

Re: My sky stream puck has not worked for 3 days . Reset several times as per instructions still not

Spoiler
Spoiler
When you hold the button in for over ten minutes with the TV screen just cycling between SKY and nothing it says no signal received on the TV. 

Been trying the stupid recovery method since Friday.
This message was authored by docer64 This message was authored by: docer64

Me again...

Have any superusers come across a workaround for issues with linking your account yet?

Able to input 6 digit code into a web browser and submit but this doesn't action the tv to proceed.

tried all of the recovery phases on multiple occasions, varying browsers, networks to no avail.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Jade963 wrote:

Ive reset the tv numerous times and followed the instructions on sky recovery again numerous times. I've removed the lead and left it out for hours..but nothing stuck on a blue screen saying updating software 'connecting'...

This sounds like your puck is failing to connect correctly via your broadband router.

Try rebooting your broadband router and try the reset procedure again.

Also, If you have one to hand and not currently using one, try connecting an ethernet cable from your Sky Glass TV to the router. This may get the connection working and you can then remove the ethernet cable and redo the wifi connection at a later time.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@Jade963 wrote:

@Jade963 usually the fix for when the software update has frozen is to turn it off at the plug for a couple of minutes ( no need to do the full recovery steps again though).

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by billsboro This message was authored by: billsboro

sky puck

Hi all still waiting after 4 days several 1.5 hr phone calls still no resolution this sky is a joke will be gone next week there customer service is terrible not a lot more to say really  

This message was authored by ClíonaDunne This message was authored by: ClíonaDunne

Mine is still not working, down since Thursday, Sky have been absolutely no help at all, just telling me to turn off tv and hold power button, done it at least a hundred times but that's the only solution they've got apparently!! No escalation in help despite being told that won't fix it, I'll be ringing tomorrow to cancel my subscription after 18 years of being a loyal customer

This message was authored by Kaz9682 This message was authored by: Kaz9682

Re: My sky stream puck has not worked for 3 days . Reset several times as per instructions still not

@Piker20 same here!!nothing works 😡 I'm a bit confused how it's worked for some and not others 😒

Got through in the cancellation line to sky and they say we will need to call them to ask for lack of service compensation when it's resolved!!!  They can stick that.  If it's not working after work on Monday they can cancel my TV access and whistle for any payment they try to claim for.   SKY is in breach of its contract with me so not my issue.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion