Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Mikecox1990 This message was authored by: Mikecox1990

Sky glass update issue.

I've recently moved and have no Internet where I've moved to yet. I've been using my sky glass to watch terrestrial tv and watch sky go via my xbox using my phone to tether to it as I have unlimited data, ( sky glass kept buffering if I tethered to it) it's been working fine and I've been happy that way waiting for Internet, until today!! Sky glass has decided it needed an update after the mass outage and now it can't update as no Internet connection.

Any ideas on what I can do??

This message was authored by CT-66 This message was authored by: CT-66

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Back on ,switched tv off then switched back on pressed on button at side ofvthe tv and held it ,red light came on flashing .black screen with sky on it ,bobs ya uncle all working 

This message was authored by MartinAdamson This message was authored by: MartinAdamson

OK, definitely recommend doing the following.things in the following order.  

1) Check your account details.   

2) Make sure all your equipment is correctly described in the account.   

3) Make sure you know your PIN Number - you will need it later.  It will be either the last 4 digits of your phone number as given in your account,  or a different pin number you have created.  If you don't know it, you will need to know the last 4 numbers of the bank account you use for the Direct Debit - again, those details are on the account page. 

4) Once you know all that, THEN follow these instructions as printed.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on

That definitely worked for me, and seems for most other people also. 

This message was authored by Lorryp This message was authored by: Lorryp

Re: Stream puck won't turn on

I have the exact same issue has been like that since yesterday and tried everything they suggested, was on hold for a chat that never happened. I hope you get some answers 

This message was authored by James+armer This message was authored by: James+armer

Has anyone managed to get past the link your account screen. This is a ball ache. Still having problems getting onto the sky.com/activate website. Comes up saying ' ooops there has been a problem' I've been trying for an hour now 

This message was authored by Kylo88 This message was authored by: Kylo88

Sky glass TV not switching on at all. Can’t get through to sky via contact number. Any suggestions?

Sky glass TV not switching on at all. Can’t get through to sky via contact number. Any suggestions?

This message was authored by Jane2406 This message was authored by: Jane2406

When will it be up and running Sky Glass & Puck

My Sky Glass TV and puck have not been working since yesterday (5.30pm) and is STILL NOT working!!  Does anyone know when it will be back up and running?  Its not good enough.

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@James+armer  I tried it using incognito mode on chrome. It works fine.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Rich114 This message was authored by: Rich114

Pin still not working! Reset puk reset pin still further forward 

This message was authored by James+armer This message was authored by: James+armer

I've tried using incognito and still getting the same message @GD1 

This message was authored by Vickim8558 This message was authored by: Vickim8558

Still on hold second time over hour wait. My sky glass keeps going straight to set up

This message was authored by Philipssy This message was authored by: Philipssy

Puck pin set up

I was having problem with my puck, I tried resetting it but I got stuck on the pin setup. I have entered the right pin multiple times but keep saying it the wrong pin, please how can I solve this issue?
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky glass TV not switching on at all. Can’t get through to sky via contact number. Any suggestio

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kylo88 

Have you tried the advice in post 2 currently showing as the answer to this thread?

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Andy19501 This message was authored by: Andy19501

Sky Stream

Sky Stream box not switching on flashs on but not working as normal had to switch living room to bedroom as my wife is bed bound after stroke and relies on tv 

This message was authored by Simone16 This message was authored by: Simone16

Re: Puck pin set up

Same issue here. Resetting Puck due to the failure but stuck on Incorrect Pin although it is definitely right

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion