Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Bavoir29 This message was authored by: Bavoir29

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

There has been a fault with Sky Glass since yesterday. If you use My Sky there is a message that they are still working on it. Going through all the recovery procedure is pointless at this stage as is calling as you will wait forever.. It's just a wait and see time!
This message was authored by Emlou77 This message was authored by: Emlou77

It's worked. My Puc is up and running again. I turned off at plug. Held button down when turning back on....had another error message so followed Sky instructions online and it's finally back up and running!  Pretty rubbish that they've not put a message out or emailed everyone on how to reset your tv. Good luck everyone. 

This message was authored by Mboiii This message was authored by: Mboiii

Re: Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

Hi - this doesn't work - the puck isn't able to power up sufficiently to accept any keypress on the remote, we get the 'sky' logo, then a loading spinner, then it drops again. It seems like a firmware update has completely fried it?!

This message was authored by Sammy772 This message was authored by: Sammy772

No sky glass day 2

No sky to still been on hold over two days, what a joke. Today to turns on can't link my account call sky what it be on hold for 3 hours, sort it out sky this is poor 

This message was authored by Laura198612 This message was authored by: Laura198612

SKY GLASS TV WONT TURN ON NO RED LIGHT

My sky glass tv will not turn out, there's no red light and I have tried everything.
This message was authored by P+Tuffrey This message was authored by: P+Tuffrey

My puck is now working. I switched it off at the mains and switched back on. Pressed the standby button on the bottom for 10 seconds until the light changes. The software updated and I had to go through activation process but it now works.

This message was authored by will73 This message was authored by: will73

All I get after reseting it is red and amber led lights nothing else this is hopeless keep mucking about like this.

This message was authored by Danielle19887 This message was authored by: Danielle19887

17268228907747913011344189574990.jpg

 i spent all night last night trying to reset. On phome to sky for over half hour. Tried reseting again this morning now this is coming up. Its one step cleser then i was last night 🤞🏻

This message was authored by Davina3 This message was authored by: Davina3

Re: SKY GLASS TV WONT TURN ON NO RED LIGHT

I've had the same issue since yesterday. Can't contact no one! And the chat service is not working 

This message was authored by Jose66 This message was authored by: Jose66

I have tried those steps and still nothing.....

I worlk in IT dept for a govt agency and we have SLA in place so as not to distruipt customers OGDs, private companies etc.....

You have known about this problem for 20 hours now and still no resolution that works for everyone.  I am only with SKY because I have no option and am extermely disappointed with the service.  SKY Stream is a poor relation of SKY thru a digibox/dish which I cannot have in the block of flats I reside in.

PLEASE PLEASE get your tech leads and engineers to get this fixed asap and WE ALL DESERVE A REFUND FOR TIME WE CANNOT WATCH OUR TELEVISION.

This message was authored by Katrina2511 This message was authored by: Katrina2511

absolutely nothing and apparently no way to contact them.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

@Mboiii I agree

Also with the below instructions, it's not clear when to turn the plug back on and to press the button for the recovery. 

1. On your Sky remote, press 4 and 6 together for three seconds. This will reset your remote.
  2. Switch off the Sky Stream puck at the mains again. There's no need to unplug it.
  3. Press and hold the Standby button on the bottom of the Sky Stream puck for ten seconds.

4. Let the Sky Stream puck complete the recovery process. This can take up to 15 minutes, depending on your broadband speed.

This message was authored by Jose66 This message was authored by: Jose66

I have done that and it still is not working....

Any other clues because this is ludicrous.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

All

Not sure how long this link has been active but see 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-stream-wont-turn-on

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Jaxondblunt This message was authored by: Jaxondblunt

Sky puck wont turn on

Sky puck wont turn on . It goes to start shows me the white sky symbol the TV then the white light starts to flash . It flashes for about 5 seconds then the puck goes off . 5 mins later it will do the process again . It's like it's trying to start up but then something turns it off 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion