Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Davidr+542 This message was authored by: Davidr+542

Re: Sky Glass outage

What worked for me is to hold the power button the side, wait till the red light starts flashing, then while still holding the power button press the power button on remote.

The TV will reboot and you must follow a few easy steps but it doesn't take long.

I'm now up and running again @Katrina2511 

This message was authored by CathSteen This message was authored by: CathSteen

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Sorry @NeilSh genuinely hope you manage to get it working. Shameful that there's is absolutely no comms from sky other than when you go into the app "some sky glass / stream users experiencing issues" considering it seems to be ALL sky glass & stream 

This message was authored by Cma This message was authored by: Cma

Re: Re:sky glass and Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

Mine said that but I did a reboot turn off hold in power button on the side then switch on still holding the power button for about 1 min it then did a download and went into set up just follow the on screen instructions

This message was authored by Supersaf This message was authored by: Supersaf

Re: Sky glass tv won’t turn on red light just keeps flashing

My Sky Glass TV, 55" won't turn on since yesterday (19/09/24) afternoon. 

Checked power cable is ok (microphone light next to power button on side of tv lights up).

Remote is ok and replaced with brand new batteries (just in case).

Tried hard reset, holding power button on tv  an switching mains power back on. Red light on TV eventually flashes like mad and then the sky image/logo appears and then an update takes place and then a second update and then nothing. IT just goes black. 

Can anyone help or advise please? I got the TV brand new back in August 2023 ( just over 1 year).

This message was authored by Paul6758 This message was authored by: Paul6758

Re: I have a issue with my skyglass

Power cut yesterday when power came back on the tv came on briefly then went off now shows a flashing red light on bottom it's sky glass I've done the usual things ie turned off and on etc any one else having same problem in Stevenage area 

This message was authored by Debbie92 This message was authored by: Debbie92

Let me know as mine don't work. Do I wait for sky to sort it as there is an outage in our area

This message was authored by KPhoenix33 This message was authored by: KPhoenix33

Re: Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

Followed the suggested restart steps, reconnecting the remote, WiFi & Sky account, entered PIn etc. Took a while but Sky Steam is back on! 
Hopefully, it is now working. However, I haven't tried switching it off & on again  yet!

This message was authored by Max58 This message was authored by: Max58

Had no luck last night with reset function

Just tried again as mentioned in chat below, followed on screen prompts and now up and running 

good luck everyone 

This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Super+Anthony wrote:

I have just been told to leave it plugged on and wait for the fix and update to come though. I am stuck on the loop with flashing white on the puck and then turning off and on and seeing the Sky logo on and off on the TV.

Why don't you try the recovery procedure as posted by Sky. I followed it and now all my pucks are working. @Super+Anthony 

This message was authored by Van24 This message was authored by: Van24

Re: When will you fix the sky glass turning on problem.

I have had no tv since I got home at teatime yesterday, so frustrating 😶🌫

This message was authored by Shakazulu This message was authored by: Shakazulu

Re: No standby light on, on sky glass

I have change plus turn off multiple times still don't work no stand by light you can't even speak to a real person at Sky I am so upset I did have same problems remote wouldn't tune TV on even though I have the red light now no light no power at all.

This message was authored by Denise555 This message was authored by: Denise555

Now it won't let me activate says error 

This message was authored by Paul471 This message was authored by: Paul471

My sky glass tv is still not working,  have done the reboot etc. and nothing.  Does anybody know how long it is going to take to get the issue sorted? Thanks 

This message was authored by Tammy28 This message was authored by: Tammy28

@JPCQ Im 44 minutes into the call with a 'sky expert'. Im looking forward to this conversation

This message was authored by 56Bev56 This message was authored by: 56Bev56

Re:@Laura240 Sky glass tv won’t turn on just flashing red light

Hi Laura. Which of the 2 buttons do I press firstly ?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion