Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky Puck & Sky Glass Power up issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The issue with Glass TV & Pucks not powering up is unfortunately still ongoing, please see the Status Page for updates.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Bully99 This message was authored by: Bully99

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

My Glass and puck still not working this morning.

I think a software change needs to be made to the Glass so if this happens again we can still use it like a TV and watch discs and terrestrial channels (similar to if the braodband link goes down), instead of being completely dead and unable to switch it on. I could have watched a film or something last night if this was in place.

This message was authored by Defcon This message was authored by: Defcon

I've had nothing on my 65 inch sky glass only thing visible is the microphone button lighting up. This is since yesterday. I'm disabled trying to watch TV to Pass the time. But sitting in my armchair looking at a blank screen. Now today Friday 20th still no TV. Why does sky have control of my TV?? Have they been hacked????

This message was authored by PaulRC1963 This message was authored by: PaulRC1963

I have 3 pucks. 2 out of 3 are working, yet 1 isn't which I find strange. 

This message was authored by maddison4 This message was authored by: maddison4

My sky glass went out yesterday about 7 in the evening and still nothing, now it's 08:45 in the morning. I have no light, I have tried all the other stuff you should try to reboot it but. It's as dead as a Dodo. But let's not worry because sky's award winning customer service is on hand (NOT) Sky must be the worst when dealing with it's customer's. I am going to try to call them at nine because even with big issues which affect so many people that when their phone lines open. It's ridiculous, their phone lines should be open all night at times like this
This message was authored by Saintdave58 This message was authored by: Saintdave58

Re: Sky glass tv won’t turn on just flashing red light

08.45 UK time. Been out for 12 hrs now. Actually got it reconnected, but said software update didn't work, so scan bar code. That just took me back to the start of the process. Had option to retry. Hit that. Now frozen 'updating software. We're making your Sky Glass TV even better with this latest software update. (It'll only take a moment.) It's be stuck on 0% for 10 mins. I have to go to the Doctors now, so see if it's actually moved when back in a few hours.

This message was authored by AMJ1981 This message was authored by: AMJ1981

Has anyone had an update from Sky about when we'll be able to watch TV again? All I'm getting is that there's an issue. Love paying to watch a blank screen!
This message was authored by Hobbayne64 This message was authored by: Hobbayne64

I cancelled my sky Q for this as I thought it would be better. It is completely dead. Lucky I only had it installed last week so I am in the cooling off period. I will pack it back up and get them to collect it,. I,m done. 

This message was authored by PaulRC1963 This message was authored by: PaulRC1963

The status remains the same as yesterday and Sky hasn't posted a update on their socials either.

This message was authored by SB10EHS This message was authored by: SB10EHS

Re: Still not working tv

I know, and no updates on My Sky either, then a massive bill supposed to go out Monday (feel like cancelling) 

This message was authored by Emmac537 This message was authored by: Emmac537

Still not working, no red light either. Frustrating seeing how much we pay for these.
This message was authored by LJL This message was authored by: LJL

Sky stream

Sy stream and puck still down. Spoke to sky tech last night and they had no idea what's caused it. Just told its uk wide. Are we in 2024

This message was authored by nmbailey This message was authored by: nmbailey

My sw version is  Q5030.528.00P and I've had no issues with either of my Stream boxes in SE London. Posting this to help the engineers trying to fix the issue

This message was authored by TeeLL This message was authored by: TeeLL

@TeeLL wrote:

My Sky Glass seems to be bricked since Sep 19.

Tried system recovery Sep 19 evening and could see it downloading things but still bricked.

However, checked whether my puck works on another this morning Sep 20 and that is fine.

Trying the system recovery on Sky Glass again today.

I can confirm that the Sky Glass system recovery, step 4 in https://www.sky.com/help/articles/power-issue-help-sky-glass worked for me today.

Of course it reminds me of the awful user experience of typing in your Wi-Fi password - whoever designed that...

This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KevNewMedia wrote:

Hi Everyone

Firstly, please accept our sincere apologies for this problem and for your patience whilst we work through this problem.

We have been working through the night to improve this problem. For those who are still impacted, can you now carry out these steps, please. We continue to work on the problem in the background.

Sky Glass Impacted

Sky Stream Impacted

Once you've carried out the steps, if you are asked for your PIN, can you power off the device and back on again.

Can you let us know if you are successful, please?

I'm marking this post as the answer, as it has the most up-to-date information.

This has worked @KevNewMedia 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion