Discussion topic: Sky Glass Picture Quality & Settings

This message was authored by humuel This message was authored by: humuel

Sky Glass Picture Quality & Settings

Just bought Sky glass as our dish broke and previously had a Sony TV and Sky Q. Picture was great. Now have Sky Glass 43" TV that cost £695 and the picture quality is really poor. The main issue is many of the shows appear to be bleached out.

The best example (but perhaps not the best show) is Made in Chelsea, please see the attached frame grab.

If you adjust the picture settings, contrast, brightness etc it gets a bit better but then you go and watch something else and it needs adjusting again.

Trying to reach anyone at Sky to discuss is a challenge but is anyone else having similar issues?

IMG_3220.jpg

All Replies

humuel
Topic Author

Re: Sky Glass Picture Quality & Settings

Just found out that I didn't need to buy the Sky Glass TV in the first place and could just have used the Pucks!

On the phone now and sending back the Sky Glass TV and going back to my Sony + Puck.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@humuel Glad you spotted that in time to cancel within your 31 day trial period 😀.  I have glass and the picture quality is nowhere near as good as my previous LG OLED TV.  Unfortunately when I lost access to a Sky dish the stand alone puck was not available otherwise I would have kept my LG and added a Stream puck.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
humuel
Topic Author

Thanks for this! The Glass TV is going back on Monday and I my Sony Bravia back with the puck and feel relieved.

The main issue is that we were told we have to buy the Sky Glass TV which is simply not true so need to let as many people know this as possible!!!

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@humuel wrote:

Just found out that I didn't need to buy the Sky Glass TV in the first place and could just have used the Pucks!

Since October 2022, yes. For the year before that buying a Glass television was mandatory as pucks were not available on their own (although it was technically legitimate to subsequently sell the television and keep the pucks)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@humuel wrote:

The main issue is that we were told we have to buy the Sky Glass TV which is simply not true 

By definition ordering 'Sky Glass' gets a television set: the puck-only product is branded as 'Sky Stream' (confusingly just as they were when the television purchase was mandatory).

humuel
Topic Author

Yes, defo somthing Sky need to tell customers as they must be waisting money with Glass TV's getting sent back.

@humuel 

To be fair, Sky themselves do so, as you'll see on the website and in current advertising.  However, there's a year's worth of material online that will only refer to Glass which Sky has no control over.

humuel
Topic Author

I was told I had to buy the TV though when I ordered, should have looked at the site!

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Hi @humuel 

Was this on the phone?

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
humuel
Topic Author

Yes, phone call.

humuel
Topic Author

Yes, sold on the phone.

@humuel wrote:

Yes, sold on the phone.

As I noted above, if you specifically asked about 'Sky Glass' then that necessarily includes a television purchase.  

humuel
Topic Author

Yes but one would hope during the call when you find out the TV is £700 and say "that is really expensive " an honest reply would be "well you don't actually need the TV - what are you looking for?"

Regardless Glass TV going back on Monday so I can get a refund and back to using Sony Bravia and puck - but is the glass tv picture quality was good then I would have kept it.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@humuel I can't say I blame you.  When you phone them remember that the conversations are recorded to if there is any dispute you can ask them to check the recording from when you made your order. You also have a right to a transcript under GDPR (but I don't know you woud go about such a request).

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion