Discussion topic: Sky Glass HDMI ports

This message was authored by Paul+Wolf82 This message was authored by: Paul+Wolf82

Sky Glass HDMI ports

Hi. 

I've had a sky glass tv for 18 months . I don't have a sky subscription, I just use the tv for catch up mainly and using an Amazon Firestick .

Every 3-3 days or so, the tv doesn't recognise the Firestick. We have to disconnect it and reconnect it for it to recognise it. This is a major pain as the access to the hdmi ports is difficult when the tv is wall mounted ( it's a terrible design ).

anyone having similar problems? If so, is there a solution?

thanks, Paul. 

All Replies

This message was authored by bayardm This message was authored by: bayardm

Re: Sky Glass HDMI ports

Get a short HDMI extension cable, then you can tuck it out of sight but get easier access.

Sky Glass 43” stand mount, Wi-fi, 1 puck, ethernet from Bt disc.
Sky Ultimate and whole home, Diamond VIP User
BT Hybrid FTTC, BT Smart Hub 2 + 1 disc
Paul+Wolf82
Topic Author
This message was authored by Paul+Wolf82 This message was authored by: Paul+Wolf82

I've already got that, thanks. It came with the Firestick. It's still a real nuisance to access. The mounting frame that came with the tv doesn't move out from

the wall. It's very awkward to see the hdmi ports. Just an awful design all round I feel. 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

The one that comes with the Fire Stick is relatively short .... slightly longer ones are available, which will not require access to the TV's hdmi ports.

Exiled in HH
Paul+Wolf82
Topic Author

The length of the cable isn't really my issue here. 

the tv regularly doesn't recognise the Firestick.

that's what I need help with. 

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Didn't you say you needed to disconnect and reconnect the Fire Stick?

Exiled in HH
Paul+Wolf82
Topic Author

Yes, but thats because the tv is saying that it can’t find the stick.

If the tv didn't have this error so regularly , i wouldn't be having to disconnect it and reconnect it. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paul+Wolf82 how is the Firestick powered? 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Paul+Wolf82
Topic Author

Plugged in to mains. 

This message was authored by bayardm This message was authored by: bayardm

If it's accessible can you not just repower the fire stick?

Sky Glass 43” stand mount, Wi-fi, 1 puck, ethernet from Bt disc.
Sky Ultimate and whole home, Diamond VIP User
BT Hybrid FTTC, BT Smart Hub 2 + 1 disc
Paul+Wolf82
Topic Author

I can't be making myself clear. 

I want to get to the bottom of why I'm having to power off / on or disconnect / reconnect the Firestick due to the tv not finding it. 

I really don't need any more replies in regards to the cable / access of the Firestick.  I feel like people are on the wind up here 😂😂

This message was authored by Davy58 This message was authored by: Davy58

Maybe try using a different fire stick?

65inch Sky Glass, 2 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Superfast Broadband
This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Maybe try a different hdmi socket 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion