Discussion topic: Rubbish sky glass

This message was authored by RSF+60 This message was authored by: RSF+60

Rubbish sky glass

When are sky going to do an update to thier sky glass  tv's as every time I change channel the picture freezes and it's driving us mad , we have sky fibre optic , sky internet so there is really no reason as to why the picture freezes constantly we have the sky glass 65 inch so pull your finger out sky and get this resolved or I will stop paying as you are in breach of contract for not providing the contractual services 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Rubbish sky glass

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RSF+60  How is your TV connecting to your hub, having fibre isn't the be all & end all if your using wifi to connect and it's getting interference.

Wifi is usually the slowest & weakest part of your broadband connection.

What speeds are you getting to the TV, use the Netflix app to run a speed test.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RSF+60 

Glass has had multiple updates since launch in October 2021.  Past a certain point it's not possible to use software to mitigate local conditions and hardware design constraints.

Note that

a) there's very little point threatening multi billion pound companies with the loss of a single subscription 

and

b) while a service provider might  be in breach of contract for not providing a service, a customer ceasing to pay unilaterally is automatically so, and Sky can afford better lawyers

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

How are you  connected  to  the  tv  and  what is your  broadband speed?

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

I have my sky glass tv  connected by  the  ethernet  cable  and my broadband  is  sky's gigafast, 900mps , I had no problems  with  the tv connected by  the  ethernet  when I was on 60mps

RSF+60
Topic Author
This message was authored by RSF+60 This message was authored by: RSF+60

we've had sky glass 65 inch for a year it worked perfectly well until about 3 weeks ago  we are connected by Ethernet , we have the top package and it happens on the other tvs in the other rooms , all freeze when changing channels 

Have you  updated  your  broadband ?

Your are will b t I see, you could open Netflix go to get  help and run network  checker, you should  get high 70's low 80,s mps in Netflix 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion