Discussion topic: Rolled back software issue

This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

Rolled back software issue

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What is going on with the fastforward and rewind feature on dare I say it recorded and sky ondemand programming??? Ever since the roll back it just refused to work properly  

@KevNewMedia 

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Rolled back software issue

@Deedee36 it has been mentioned a couple of times uggest you report it to Sky the more who do the more resources will be put on sortingbthe issue. Sky seem to be in a right mess with both firmware and service issues.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Deedee36
Topic Author

@Chrisee  A right mess is the polite way  of putting it lol. Sky glass and stream has to be one of the most disastrous launches of a new product ever,almost 17 months in and the basic features we all expect just keep on failing.How this was signed of for public release is totally beyond me.I've had glass from launch and continually reported the playlist issues and how half watched programmes were not syncing across all my glass and pucks only to be told a number of times that I was wrong and that's not how the system was designed to work,in the end I just gave up calling them 

……
……
……
……
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Deedee36 sorry to have tried to help.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Deedee36
Topic Author

@Chrisee  I wasn't getting at you or dismissing your suggestions by no means,I was just saying how frustrating glass/stream is and how sky seemed to have a lack of communication with call centre staff 

……
……
……
……
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I've been criticised for my negativity but at times it is soooo difficult to enthuse with new issues cropping up out of the blue.

FF etc. was fine 14 comes out then rolled back and now 13 has issues that weren't there previously.

I genuinely don't think Sky truly appreciate the frustration for users paying £50+ per month to use the service.

If this was a car or any appliance then you just wouldn't accept it, would you 🤔 

Sorry Sky but quite frankly it just isn't good enough as paying customers we deserve better. Forget bringing out new additions get what you've got working correctly first!  

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Deedee36 wrote:

What is going on with the fastforward and rewind feature on dare I say it recorded and sky ondemand programming??? Ever since the roll back it just refused to work properly  

@KevNewMedia 

@Deedee36 I don't think this problem has anything to do with the roll back as I never received QS014 so was obviously not rolled back.  I have been having the FF & RW problems with my remote but it has only been on ITVX for some reason.  Maybe it is a problem with that App.  Later tonight I might give the apps a refresh to see if that helps 😀

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Deedee36
Topic Author

@Anonymous  100% correct.At the very start of sky glass I had a phone conversation with the sky glass technical team trying to explain how I though the as it was then plalynow rail should work ie sync across all devices if I had a part watched programme,they kept insisting I was wrong and the playnow rail was working as it should,nearly 17 months later and they have now said they are aware of an issue with as it is now continue watching and are working on a fix,it beggers belief how a simple feature like that could take so long to fix 

……
……
……
……
Deedee36
Topic Author

@Fothergill1 I've never had ff issues but they have definitely started from I was rolled back.There seems to be some issues of different types for different people 

……
……
……
……
This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

@Deedee36 wrote:

@Anonymous  100% correct.At the very start of sky glass I had a phone conversation with the sky glass technical team trying to explain how I though the as it was then plalynow rail should work ie sync across all devices if I had a part watched programme,they kept insisting I was wrong and the playnow rail was working as it should,nearly 17 months later and they have now said they are aware of an issue with as it is now continue watching and are working on a fix,it beggers belief how a simple feature like that could take so long to fix 

You are correct @Deedee36 it does begger belief that a product 17 months after launch is having all of these issues. In fact it's a shambles and really makes Sky look Amateurish. They were once the leaders in what they do, now they're the worse. 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Dazzasky 

As a superuser you must be getting some positive news in the super Lounge?

This message was authored by Dazzasky This message was authored by: Dazzasky

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dazzasky 

As a superuser you must be getting some positive news in the super Lounge?

All of which is under NDA

Deedee36
Topic Author

@Dazzasky  Can you at least confirm the issues we are reporting here are been looked into (without giving anything away) 😀

……
……
……
……
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

I'll confirm that for you @Deedee36  👍

Apologies for the late reply.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by Freddieboy69 This message was authored by: Freddieboy69

My Pucks have updated this evening, and are now on Entertainment OS 1.1  QS014.005.00P can't see any difference at the moment, probably needs to be remotely switched on once everyone has the update ... bring on Profiles 🤞🏻8AF65142-8ED0-4176-BA43-5CAB5B045C21.jpeg

Moderator note: personally identifiable information on the picture regarding the device serial number - picture removed

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion