Discussion topic: Record on sky glass.

This message was authored by Lukeg34 This message was authored by: Lukeg34

Record on sky glass.

I heard from somewhere that you cant record on sky glass with out a hard drive connect but a friend told me that you can. so I don't know what i heard was right or what my friend told me is right.

All Replies

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Re: Record on sky glass.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You cannot record in the same way Sky Q would as Glass and stream lack a hard drive. 

Most content is delivered from your saved programmes in playlist, they either launch in The relevant app such as ITV X, Iplayer. Others come from skys own on demand service so playback is very similar to a recording. 

Other content like channel 5 will most likely play back from skys on demand library, but on the odd occasion it will create a 'cloud recording' this should not be relied upon. 

If you want a reliable recording solution get/keep Q.

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion