Discussion topic: Really think sky glass is a big con.

This message was authored by guy64 This message was authored by: guy64

Really think sky glass is a big con.

4 weeks in and it is apparent that it not up to the task.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Really think sky glass is a big con.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@guy64  You can return it if still within the 31 day cool off.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@guy64 

Which task is it not up to ?

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

What issue are you finding with the service It seems a stretch to call it a con.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@guy64 

A con is when a man in a van sells you a television box full of bricks: giant international corporations tend not to do that. Aside from other issues, they worry a bit more about consumer rights law and industry regulators.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

@guy64  If you provide a bit more detail on any issues you are experiencing perhaps someone on her will be able to try and help you out.

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I think con is a bit strong but when it comes to the advertising there are questions to be raised against factual and actual.

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@Anonymous wrote:

I think con is a bit strong but when it comes to the advertising there are questions to be raised against factual and actual.

Creative is the best word I can think of for Sky's advertising. They have dropped the claim now but they used to say that with Q you could pause and watch where you left off on another box, shame you couldn't with live broadcasts unless you recorded it first.

This message was authored by Haze5 This message was authored by: Haze5

Totally agree with you.  Forced to buy a new TV when it l...

Totally agree with you.  Forced to buy a new TV when it looks as though this wasn't required - mis-selling?  For the life of me I can't see what's so special.   Remote constantly fails - tried everything and now waiting for new one.  Voice - gave up on that as I got sick of having to repeat simple instructions all the time.   Don't like the front end - so difficult to find out what's on normal TV.

So a big fat no from me to anyone who asks me is it worth it.  Wish I'd stuck to the very basic package.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Totally agree with you. Forced to buy a new TV when it l...

@Haze5 wrote:

Totally agree with you.  Forced to buy a new TV when it looks as though this wasn't required - mis-selling?  

Nonsense. You chose to buy Sky Glass. Sky can't force you. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Haze5 wrote:

Forced to buy a new TV when it looks as though this wasn't required - mis-selling? 

For the first year from launch in October 2021 the Stream pucks weren't available by themselves: that changed in October '22.  Between those dates at least one Glass television was required at the subscription address before any pucks could be ordered: that's a marketing decision by Sky, but hardly 'force'.

This message was authored by Gincap This message was authored by: Gincap

Sky Glass is problematic that can't be denied. From connectivity issues to user issues, user experience and glossy ADS that let's be honest are open to question and an aging TV model that was 'perhaps' not the best at launch, despite buying one today 😳

But, not a con!

Even if you do jump in and get a Glass you have 31 days to return it and look for alternatives. 

Don't go by adverts they never give you negatives.  Research, try it first at a Sky store, speak to users.  Then make your mind up and buy a decent QLED or better still OLED and Apple TV 😉😬🤭

I still think it's a con - I feeel I was  taken in by the glossy ad and sales patter.  Unable to send back in 31 day period as I went on holiday just after getting it in and didn't come back until after the 31 days - believe me I'd have sent it back.  The mere fact that you highlight several issues yourself indicates several of the problems!   Over promising and under delivering.   In other words a CON.

@Haze5 wrote:

I feeel I was  taken in by the glossy ad and sales patter.  

With respect, isn't that the whole point of all advertising and sales?

Past the cooling off period you'll need to argue under statutory consumer rights that the product/service isn't as described / of adequate quality / fit for purpose: this requires persistence, but as previous posts in this forum demonstrate is far from impossible.

Note that Sky will first attempt to convince you to keep the television hardware (and pay for it) without a subscription television service, which personally I would not accept.

I was told I had to have one of their TVs

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion