Discussion topic: Playlist two people same house

This message was authored by Philldean This message was authored by: Philldean

Playlist two people same house

Any idea if you can reset all watched episodes? Set up a playlist and have Stargate: Atlantis on mine but my dad also has the same show on his playlist, it seems like they aren't really a separate progress. Just wondering when Sky is going to enter the new century and give profiles because it's getting beyond a joke. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

Re: Playlist two people same house

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Philldean wrote:

Any idea if you can reset all watched episodes? Set up a playlist and have Stargate: Atlantis on mine but my dad also has the same show on his playlist, it seems like they aren't really a separate progress. Just wondering when Sky is going to enter the new century and give profiles because it's getting beyond a joke. 

@Philldean Sky Glass / Stream have had profiles for ages (I can't remember the update that included them).  You can have up to 5 separate personal playlists.

If you click on your Playlist you will see a +.  Simply click on that and make another playlist for your Dad.  To put programmes into a specific playlist simply select the programme, click the add to playlist button on your remote and use the right/left buttons to move to the playlist you want.  Then press the enter button on your remote (middle of the circle).  It can be added to as many playlists as you want and obviously be removed.   Its quite late and I have probably explained it badly but after a little experimentation you will get the idea 😀

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1 Answer

@Philldean wrote:

@Philldean Sky Glass / Stream have had profiles for ages (I can't remember the update that included them).  You can have up to 5 separate personal playlists.

If you click on your Playlist you will see a +.  Simply click on that and make another playlist for your Dad.  To put programmes into a specific playlist simply select the programme, click the add to playlist button on your remote and use the right/left buttons to move to the playlist you want.  Then press the enter button on your remote (middle of the circle).  It can be added to as many playlists as you want and obviously be removed.   Its quite late and I have probably explained it badly but after a little experimentation you will get the idea 😀

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

The major problem with individual playlists is the fact that they are not truly independent. 

For example, if two people in a household add Mare of Easttown to their individual named playlists and one of them starts watching ep1 but stops half way through, it will appear on the other person's playlist as continue watching from that halfway point of ep1. 

If person two then starts watching it from the start and continues to watch episodes 2 and 3 from their named playlist, when person one goes to their own named playlist it will show up as continue watching from episode 4. 

So basically two or more people cannot independently watch and keep track of the same show by using the personal playlist.   

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@SlenderRobert I hadn't come across that anomaly but it's probably way we allocate and watch  programmes.   Everything goes into the main playlist and then it is also included into one of the following 3 sub playlists "Both, My Wife's or Mine".  If it is in the both playlist we will almost always watch together and if in our individual lists then the situation doesn't crop up as neither of us watch the "rubbish 🤣" in the others playlist.

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Fothergill1 

Yeah, it's only really an issue if it's different people watching the shame show at different rates in the same household. It can happen quite frequently in our household which is why we've switched predominantly to 2 Apple TV 4K boxes with individual Apple ID profiles across both. Each profile is entirely independent of the other and it's very easy to switch between them so there's no crossover or confusion. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion