Discussion topic: No network connection - every morning

This message was authored by Shuddership This message was authored by: Shuddership

No network connection - every morning

Without fail, every morning Sky Glass does not work as it says I have no internet connection. Ordinarily, I am connected by Ethernet. 

I then have to switch TV off, switch broadband on and off and eventually it sorts itself out. It is utterly ridiculous that I have to do this every day in 2023. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: No network connection - every morning

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Shuddership 

Have you turned off WiFi in the settings?

Also switch the network standby mode in the settings 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
Shuddership
Topic Author
This message was authored by Shuddership This message was authored by: Shuddership

Thanks, the wi fi has been turned off, this was usually the case however it seems to have turned back on. 

Network standby mode is currently set to on. Not sure if the advice is to turn it off. 

All that said, it is beyond belief that a user has to fiddle about with settings for their television to work. Just how basic is this software?

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Yes sorry leave on 

it used to be a common ish problem with laptops a few years ago that if WiFi and ethernet were used simultaneously it could cause a conflict 

good practice to have one or the other on. A recent update turned the WiFi back on for some reason .

if you have a good strong stable WiFi connection it could be worth trying WiFi to see if that alleviates the problem as well 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Shuddership 

I believe the answer to your problem is in the Start up & Standby menu as I had this exact problem when I first got Glass.

Go to Settings > Start up & Standby and make sure the option to "Networked standby Mode" is turned ON.

I actually found the whole Glass system worked so much better with less niggling problems when I turned OFF all the other options in this menu.  They are completely unnecessary and are basically gimmicks.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@Shuddership 

I believe the answer to your problem is in the Start up & Standby menu as I had this exact problem when I first got Glass.

Go to Settings > Start up & Standby and make sure the option to "Networked standby Mode" is turned ON.

I actually found the whole Glass system worked so much better with less niggling problems when I turned OFF all the other options in this menu.  They are completely unnecessary and are basically gimmicks.

Further to the above, I recall that when we had this problem we simply turned the TV off again with the remote and when we turned it back on the wi-fi connected again.

All the settings in the start up and standby menu are options that viewers may or may not want which is why you need to configure your TV.  I imagine the "network standby mode" is all about saving electricity or being more eco friendly 🤷‍

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion