Discussion topic: No inflation increases in April

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: No inflation increases in April

@SKY1992bf yes, anyone considering cancelling check your contract, I am on the rolling monthly contract, so not an issue for me.  

@WG+Wright just tried it and you are correct, a bit naughty of Sky.  Looks I will be phoning.  

slaters
Topic Author
This message was authored by slaters This message was authored by: slaters

For those thinking of cancelling have you thought of reducing some services to save money. Like uhd & dolby atmos dropping down a teir on netflix or even cancelling movies. 

im thinking of cancelling uhd & dolby atmos as we dont have movies and dont warch too much on Sky. We have netflix standard (the middle one) are happy with the picture quality on the standard netflix (HD & 2 screens) you can add and remove these packages with 30 days notice even if you are on the 18 month contract. 

I had my Stream end of October but noticed on My Sky app yesterday an increase to take effect from April 🤨

Thirty minutes on the phone this morning and Karma is restored, there are discounts available 😌 

Screenshot_20230213_105409_MySky.jpg

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Very useful. Thanks @Anonymous.

So much for Glass/Stream contracts doing away with discounts... it's just like Q all over again! 

This message was authored by fabmartel This message was authored by: fabmartel

Early adopter here getting it for £26 ( entertainment + Netflix ) then whole home for a tenner. Used to pay £4 more for Netflix standard and reverted back to basic to save some money, now this increase wipes all that out ! lol You gotta laugh instead of despairing. 

Is it worth emailing them for a discount ? 

394D4A51-6D94-49E2-8254-D6A0EBDCBC4C.jpeg

————————————————————————
Sky Stream (3 pucks) | Sky Mobile | Community Fibre 900Mbps
This message was authored by Stormed This message was authored by: Stormed

I'm seeing increases from May, it's a bit cheeky there has been no email from Sky about this (yet).

AD8D9F95-F105-447F-B58C-7F78D0641660.jpeg

Before

166AF916-8D1A-4BCC-879E-04AE5FDB394E.jpeg

After

6665324E-9EEC-4BE8-A1E9-1F114BF2A036.jpeg

After that 'Ad skipping' offer ends it's going to get even more pricey!

Luckily I joined during the soft launch period so will be calling up to see if there are any offers, if not I'll be cancelling.

This message was authored by johnboy999 This message was authored by: johnboy999

My account was also showing a proposed 11.26% increase planned for April.  So I called Sky and agreed a deal which was  less than what I am currently paying before this proposed increase.

I already had a number of good discounts - so phone up  and negotiate is my advice.

jfb
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's certainly worth a try @johnboy999.. Being on a pension Glass is slowly getting too expensive for my pocket. I'll be OK until the offers run out but after that with the pending increased I shall have to reconsider.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Linda+The+Mort This message was authored by: Linda+The+Mort

Oh that's strange because I took my contract 18 months out at the start of December 22, and I spoke to Sky about the inflation increase yeaterday and i the guy I spoke to didn't mention anything about what you've said, in fact, it was eager to tell me how much it would rise by..

Which is rather annoying because when I took the contract out, I was clear what i could  and couldn't afford.  I was reassured by Sky that it wouldn't rise more than 2/3% 

This message was authored by woodhead This message was authored by: woodhead

I've noticed my bill is going up by £10 in April which is too much, particularly based on the performance of the product over the last year or so of having it.

As anyone on the rolling contract managed to negotiate a discount?

This message was authored by TheStraightener This message was authored by: TheStraightener

So Sky Glass customers don't get the luxury of discounts etc that sky q users can have because we are on a rolling contract. But we get hit with the increase?  I love my Sky Glass, and I'm aware this is the time we are living in. I just stings a bit.

slaters
Topic Author
This message was authored by slaters This message was authored by: slaters

@Linda+The+Mort  The article I posted was by Martin Lewis who is a very reliable source, i would be surprised if he is wrong. I know when i have run up call centres before they havent been given information. Or your told different things by different people. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion