Discussion topic: No Longer!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by techman9 This message was authored by: techman9

Re: No Longer!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous  The vast majority of sky customers are happy with Glass and Stream. This forum has a few hundred posts. Sky have millions of customers 

@Anonymous  Say's the person who has just joined and thinks they know everything.

This message was authored by techman9 This message was authored by: techman9

@Anonymous wrote:

I think that people have uk be careful that they don't go looking for faults within sky stream. Just use and enjoy 

@AnonymousJust because you have an ok experience, doesn't mean everyone else does most people just want to "use and enjoy" sadly the shoddy hardware and software prevents that for some.

Topic Author
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

The TV Launcher app is a single entity of Apple the entire Apple experience is not dominant on a third party app!

It's like saying BBC iplayer is a third rate app on Stream so Sky Stream is rubbish. That makes no sense.

Apple is not rubbish and neither is Sky Stream rubbish. As a preference I just find Apple stable, quality that just works no faffing whereas Stream sadly at the moment for all its brilliance is not quite there yet but I'm sure it will be in the coming months.

As for picture quality no 4K on Now again all relevant to TV quality etc etc. With the Apple TV and LG upscaling between them Now actually provides a pretty outstanding quality image that you'd be hard pushed to say isn't 4K, My5 on the other hand, well.

It's horses for courses and once Stream issues are resolved the puck is sitting in the drawer and a phone call to Sky will be made to switch back on, but now is not the time.

Topic Author

Fair play!  It clearly isn't 4K though because Now Tv doesn't broadcast 4k. 

I am a big sports fan and would miss the UHD and HDR on sports as well as the lack of Dolby Atmos. 

Topic Author

True not 4K 😊

Enjoy stream it will get better. Sadly there is not one single platform that delivers everything in one place.

If Apple TV had freeview play, with its library of apps no competition.

If Sky stream you could access a library and load apps, they'd kill competition.

What we need is:

BT Pro box loaded with Sky

Sky stream software bugs killed

Apple TV tech quality and library of apps

Topic Author

I also have the virgin media stream box.  It's free for virgin broadand users.  To be fair it is more stable than sky stream. 

Topic Author

What a joy it's been 😊

No reboots, everything just works. TV Launcher had an update yesterday. 

I can press to watch say ITVX from the launcher in 3 seconds the program is playing. No AD skipping just AD free. 

The UI is so fresh and modern. 

I thought for sure a week in I'd be crawling back to Stream but actually I can't see me returning now.  

Topic Author

@Anonymous Exactly the same, TV Launcher - 2 updates in a week and continually improving, and when it updates you get a 'what's new' - clever idea 😂

3 weeks on from waving goodbye to Glass and Stream and what's that no reboots in that time.

Enjoy! 

Topic Author

@Anonymous 

I emailed Adam the developer with some suggestions, he said that some had been previously suggested and as you say a new launch soon. 

yes release notes, as if 😁

I am amazed at the upscale now I've set everything correctly even Now looks UHD. Plus it holds every conceivable TV show and movie even ITVX full catalogue is available, I never understood why this was not available on stream. 

This message was authored by JonP83 This message was authored by: JonP83

@Anonymous wrote:

I also have the virgin media stream box.  It's free for virgin broadand users.  To be fair it is more stable than sky stream. 

The advantage VM Stream has is it's been around for years and all of Liberty Global's companies are invested in a single platform - something it looks like Sky and the parent company are learning.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous I'm really glad it is working out for you 😀

I would be interested to know what Apps you are having to pay for and the overall cost to get similar, but better, to the Glass/Stream experience.

Happy for you to do via private chat if you prefer.

I may consider alternatives when all my offers expire and it all gets too expensive but for the time being I'm happy with my Glass experience and will be especially pleased when they resolve the CW and progress bar. 😀

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Topic Author

@Fothergill1 

I have two Apple TV set up and also the app on my phone like Sky Go. There is no Whole Home or equivalent for multi devices. 

Netflix UHD - £15.99

Now Entertainment & Cinema with boost, so AD FREE - £15.99

Discovery + - £5.99

Paramount+ - £6.99

C+I - £3.99

Total - £47.00

Sky

Entertainment - £29.00 ish deals to be had

Cinema incl Paramount- £13.00

Netflix UHD bolt on - £8.00

Wholehome - £13.00

AD Skipping - £6.00

Total - £69.00

so I'm getting same on Apple against Sky for £22 a month cheaper, yes there are deals with Sky so factor them in. Yes Now is not UHD but Apple upscale is outstanding. 

I've not included Apple TV+ as like Sky it is free with Apple with deals. Disney+ is extra so not included. 

Apple has every app you can consider alongside a massive content of movies and Show to add to your up next rail that is user friendly and works. It's mind blowing the content that should be on stream but they fail to list. 

Sky of course has a wide selection of streaming channels in excellent quality whereas Apple relies on the third party apps for streaming. 

TV launcher is your access app to live stream content that works for Freeview content, Now, Sky Go, Discovery, UK Play etc. 

I do have All4+ and ITVX premium so totally AD free. ITVX on Apple is perfect, stream drove me crazy. 

The UI on Apple is very fresh and modern with so much detail against each movie and show, but again a personal preference. 

As with everthing Horses for courses!

Just to add here I'm not saying Apple is better than stream and won't get into that debate but for me personally having committed to both platforms there's only one winner in performance, quality of kit and cost. For many and rightly so for them Sky can't be beaten. 

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Thanks for the comprehensive reply @Anonymous .  Interesting and well worth considering in the future.  I've bookmarked your post so I can find it when the time comes 😀

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Topic Author

@Anonymous Ad skipping is £5 isn't it ? Not £6

whole home is £12 not £13 

Topic Author

You are comparing NOW TV deals against Sky Stream standard pricing. - so not a fair comparison. Sky cinema is £9.99 a month Sky Entertainment is £9.99 a month and Sky Boost is £6 a month.. with the standard pricing very little difference in cost .

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion