Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps
Comply
Topic Author
This message was authored by Comply This message was authored by: Comply

Re: New sky glass tv picture poor quality

Thank you 

This message was authored by Clive0804 This message was authored by: Clive0804

I have exactly the same problem and have already tried the vivid setting. The picture looks washed out with poor quality colour definition and the general haziness that you mention. The other thing I notice is that when viewing the screen from even the slightest of angles the picture quality is worse than when viewed directly face on.

Bearing in mind that I have switched from an 8 year old Panasonic TV, I am extremely disappointed with the overall viewing experience.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Clive0804 Unfortunately I doubt that the quality of Glass is much better than your 8 year old Panasonic.  Glass is a 3 year old technology and was only mediocre at best when it was released although the picture quality did improve with some of the earlier updates.  As you mention viewing angle is important as well.  I always found that unless I was sitting almost directly in front of the TV the picture seemed washed out.  I no longer have Glass as I moved to a new Samsung TV and soundbar with a Stream puck (the difference is astounding)..

Make sure auto backlight is turned OFF and local dimming is ON this seemed to help with the picture quality.  Other than that is is experimentation with the setting i'm afraid.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Clive0804 This message was authored by: Clive0804

I wish I had seen this thread before taking the 55 inch Sky Glass set, it is just so inferior to any type of TV that I have seen in recent years.

The set will be going back to Sky within the 31 day cooling period for sure.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Clive0804  I lost access to a satellite dish when I moved home and at that time there was no option to have a Stream puck without the Glass TV so I was rather forced into having one. 

If I had been able to I would have cancelled Glass within the 31 days cooling off period. Undoubtedly many people love the Glass TV but I certainly don't regret selling mine and moving to the Stream puck even though it was a little more expensive.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion