Discussion topic: New Programmes not on TV Guide?

This message was authored by Rainbowskyes76 This message was authored by: Rainbowskyes76

New Programmes not on TV Guide?

Hey Folks.

I have had Sky Glass for a week now a d it is taking some getting used to.

The menu system and playlists seem pretty clunky and I'm missing my Sky Q 😶.

There isn't a feature in the TV Guide to highlight new programmes starting so you can add them to your playlist? 

Also, Is there a way to see on the playlist that a new episode available on a programme without having to go into the programme screen?

Thanks Lucy

Best Answers
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous Answer

Re: New Programmes not on TV Guide?

Sure is, always on my phone 😊

Screenshot_20230307_143254_Libby.jpg

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Rainbowskyes76 

the only way I know of is to go to the playlist menu and there a a rail called most recent

thisnwill show new episodes of shows that have aired and have been added to your playlist 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Stream tends to lean more towards catchup rather than plan ahead!

In the TV guide new "shows" are generally prefixed with New: Unforgotten but some slip through the net.

There is on the home page a coming soon rail but that jumps about the menu and generally highlights Sky content. There is also Top 10 and the main rail captures anticipated or high profile content. But, you are right the more obscure shows or even new series tend to get lost unless they have viewer traction once aired and will pop up on the menu as described above.

Since having stream I've actually taken to reading the Radio Times once again and thankfully my local library publish an electronic version that is auto downloaded each week to my phone libby app for free.

As for the Playlist check under TV Shows and this will show any series added whether broadcast or not and then once broadcast or available check most recent that shows what is available with the newest published first on the row.

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@Anonymous 

I didn't even know Radio Times was still going. 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous Answer

Sure is, always on my phone 😊

Screenshot_20230307_143254_Libby.jpg

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@Anonymous 

Bit ashamed admit but i haven't been a member of a library in a long time maybe i should look into it.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I use it for magazines why pay £4 for a magazine when you get an electronic version free!

I'm just wondering if this is a Welsh Government initiative may not be available in the rest of the UK

Screenshot_20230307_143706_Libby.jpg

 you need to download the app Libby.

@Anonymous 

It appears Cardiff Libraries offer it as well but i need a library card to access it i suppose i could get one.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion