Discussion topic: Netflix won’t work

This message was authored by Shannon12321 This message was authored by: Shannon12321

Netflix won’t work

So my Netflix has come up with "update payment" even though we pay netflix through sky tv, why isn't Netflix working when I've paid the full bill and the bill also includes that it's for Netflix?

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Netflix won’t work

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Shannon12321 wrote:

So my Netflix has come up with "update payment" even though we pay netflix through sky tv, why isn't Netflix working when I've paid the full bill and the bill also includes that it's for Netflix?

Hi @Shannon12321 

Have you tried rebooting your Q box?

To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

Shannon12321
Topic Author
This message was authored by Shannon12321 This message was authored by: Shannon12321

I don't have a sky q box, I have sky glass

This message was authored by J_Tyler This message was authored by: J_Tyler

@Shannon12321 wrote:

I don't have a sky q box, I have sky glass

Have you rebooted your Glass TV? 

Log in to Netflix on the web and check your billing details. It should say included in your Sky package. If it doesn't then you'll need to ring Sky to investigate. 

Shannon12321
Topic Author

Thank you, I can confirm it has asked me to update my payment and isn't included with sky even though the last bill I paid it was, it doesn't make sense at all 

Shannon12321
Topic Author

It also says on the sky bill that Netflix was included and I pay £0 per month for it with sky and it still asks for payment, it's weird

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

That sounds like your Netflix account hasn't been linked with your Sky account, hence why the Netflix account doesn't say "billed via Sky".

If you have Ultimate TV listed in your subscription then all you have to do is open the Netflix app on your Sky Glass and log in using your current Netflix account username and password. This should automatically switch the billing to Sky.

Addtional information that may help can be found here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/netflix-faqs 

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Shannon12321
Topic Author

I have tried with opening netflix and logging back in but it still comes up as payment method needed, it also states on my bills that Netflix is included

This message was authored by elliot2012 This message was authored by: elliot2012

Just activated Sky stream and logged into Netflix but payment on my Netflix account is still not showing as being through Sky. Does this take a little time to update? 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion