Discussion topic: Netflix removed from Sky Glass as linked to a family members email

This message was authored by Gordon+Cruickshan This message was authored by: Gordon+Cruickshan

Netflix removed from Sky Glass as linked to a family members email

When i first setup Netflix on Sky Glass it was through a family members account so using their email and password. (they live in a seperate household). Netflix has now removed this from me (as warned in the press etc) and i am no longer able to access through the family members account. I have Netflix basic with my Sky Glass package but when i try and sign in using my Sky ID and password the account is not recognised. I am unable to setup a new Netflix account on Sky Glass, my only options are to sign in which does not get me anywhere. Do i need to call Sky for support or the Netflix people, surely if i have this active on my account then Sky can fix?

Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Re: Netflix removed from Sky Glass as linked to a family members email

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Gordon+Cruickshan 

When you sign in to netflix on Glass / Stream it links the netflixs account to your Sky account and billing switches to Sky. According to sky If you've linked the wrong Netflix account to your Sky account, you'll need to contact Netflix directly to update it.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/apps-on-sky-q-and-glass-using-netflix

Also you will need to set up a new netflix account, your sky credentials will not work.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Re: Netflix removed from Sky Glass as linked to a family members email

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Gordon+Cruickshan 

When you sign in to netflix on Glass / Stream it links the netflixs account to your Sky account and billing switches to Sky. According to sky If you've linked the wrong Netflix account to your Sky account, you'll need to contact Netflix directly to update it.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/apps-on-sky-q-and-glass-using-netflix

Also you will need to set up a new netflix account, your sky credentials will not work.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion