Discussion topic: Netflix, Disney and Amazon

This message was authored by Colin+Grant This message was authored by: Colin+Grant

Netflix, Disney and Amazon

Am considering switching from Q to Glass. I have Netflix, Amazon and Disney accounts that are opened direct with those broadcasters but accessed via Q. WIll these move across automatically? Or is there something I need to be aware of?

Thank you

Colin

Best Answers
This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams Answer

Re: Netflix, Disney and Amazon

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Colin+Grant 

You can login with the same details and it'll work. 

Only thing with Netflix is, if you pay direct to Netflix then if you login with that account on Sky Glass / Stream then it'll revert to the basic version which is included with the Sky subscription (Netflix will stop billing you too) you can upgrade to UHD etc 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/apps-on-sky-q-and-glass-using-netflix

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams Answer

Hi @Colin+Grant 

You can login with the same details and it'll work. 

Only thing with Netflix is, if you pay direct to Netflix then if you login with that account on Sky Glass / Stream then it'll revert to the basic version which is included with the Sky subscription (Netflix will stop billing you too) you can upgrade to UHD etc 

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/apps-on-sky-q-and-glass-using-netflix

Thanks,

Tim

Colin+Grant
Topic Author
This message was authored by Colin+Grant This message was authored by: Colin+Grant

Thank you. All I have to get straight in my own mind is recording (as in Q) versus the playlist/cloud record as per Glass. And time lapse viewing is something else - where on Q I record something and then start to watch it when the recording (and therefore then program) is half way through.

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Hi @Colin+Grant 

No problem 🙂

I would recommend going to local shopping centre / Sky stand to get hands on with Glass or watch a few YouTube vids regarding playlist. 

You get watch from start on Glass / Stream, so if something is halfway through you can just select watch from start and it'll do it.  

You might find the info on link below useful,

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/your-playlist-and-tv-guide-sky-glass

Thanks,

Tim

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@Colin+GrantMost things you can watch from the start assuming there is a supporting app however some like TCM movies will not.

Also Glass/stream does not have as many channels as Q.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-channel-list-sky-glass

Colin+Grant
Topic Author

All seems ok to me. Just one last question if I may - if I "save" something to a playlist or the cloud is it immediately available? I seem to recall having read somewhere that sometimes this is not the case.

This message was authored by Deedee36 This message was authored by: Deedee36

@Colin+Grant  Adding something to playlist does not guarantee it will be instantly available,it depends on how quick broadcasters supply the information to sky ie bbc itv channel 4 etc,it has become a lot faster from launch but sometimes there is still a delay 

……
……
……
……
“Trying to help improve sky glass”
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Colin+Grant wrote:

All seems ok to me. Just one last question if I may - if I "save" something to a playlist or the cloud is it immediately available? I seem to recall having read somewhere that sometimes this is not the case.

It depends is the only true answer. There is, as yet, no way of 100% confirming when content will be available. 

Sky's streaming service does not work in the same way as Sky Q or Sky+. There is a mix of content, some of which is 'cloud recorded' in a similar fashion to an actual recording on a hard drive, only it is accessed via streaming. Sometimes this content is available immediately after initial 'broadcast' and sometimes it isn't. Also, some content providers, be it ITV, BBC, Channel 4, etc. are the ones who are responsible for making their content available via their respective apps as they do not allow their content to be 'cloud recorded' on Sky's servers. Again, sometimes it's instant, other times you have to wait hours...days...weeks...or never for it to appear. 

Movies in particular can be problematic, depending on whether the channel broadcasting it has the streaming rights. You can playlist a movie showing on Channel 4 for example, but if Channel 4 only hold the broadcast rights to that movie and not the streaming rights then the only time you can watch that movie is at the time of broadcast via the live channel stream. If you try to watch it later from your playlist you will be directed to whatever service does have the streaming rights (maybe Disney+, Prime Video, Paramount+ or whatever) so you'll need to have a subscription to that service if you want to watch it. 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

I was pleasantly surprised Sunday night that midsomer murders was available immediately after broadcast on Sunday night on itv x 

(was expecting having to wait until monday)

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion