Discussion topic: My glass TV is broken

This message was authored by Kayz33 This message was authored by: Kayz33

My glass TV is broken

My sky glass TV is broken due to an accident I need someone to take a look at it or send a replacement 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: My glass TV is broken

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Kayz33 

You've purchased the set from the start, even if you are making monthly loan (re)payments.  That means insurance or other cover is your responsibility: Sky will sell you another one quite happily, but won't 'send a replacement' or ' someone to take a look at it'.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Kayz33
Topic Author

Would I have to ring them up about this 

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

Hi @Kayz33 

Sky have a repair partner ServiceTech. Please see: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-glass-tv-repairs

However as @TimmyBGood has pointed out (and as per the info in that article) they do not provide screen repairs. The TV is your responsibility. You will need to contact sky for a price for a replacement unit (we are fellow subscribers) but this will be at a cost.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
Kayz33
Topic Author

Thank you 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Kayz33 

Also note that unfortunately the loan repayments have to continue until the purchase price is repaid (or paid off as a lump sum) even if the set is broken beyond use. 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion