Discussion topic: Moving sky glass tv to a new home that already has sky q

This message was authored by Normal+people This message was authored by: Normal+people

Moving sky glass tv to a new home that already has sky q

Moving to my mums house. She has sky q and I have sky glass. Best procedures to transfer?? She wants to keep as sky q

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Moving sky glass tv to a new home that already has sky q

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Normal+people 

Sky won't permit subcription to both products at one address.  I suspect that if you notify Sky you are moving Glass, that will cause cancellation of the Q subscription.

Whether Sky actually has any good way to deal with this situation is unknown: there's no on-premises technical reason why both systems can't be there, but the billing platform might well break.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Normal+people wrote:
Moving to my mums house. She has sky q and I have sky glass. Best procedures to transfer?? She wants to keep as sky q

You could always cancel your streaming TV subscription and use the Glass TV with a Sky Q minibox.

Your mum would need to get a multiscreen subscription added to her Q account which would cost a lot less than your streaming subscription.  

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Padam_Padam wrote:

@Normal+people wrote:

You could always cancel your streaming TV subscription and use the Glass TV with a Sky Q minibox.

No native UHD from Sky with that solution though.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion