Discussion topic: More free Apple TV (5 months)

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

More free Apple TV (5 months)

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

My 6 months free Apple TV (ATV) expired at the same time as some of my Sky Glass discounts so I cancelled ATV as everything was getting too expensive.

I then did a bit of research and found that as I have a Barclaycard I could get 5 months free  five months of free Apple TV Plus .  (same applies if you sign up for a Barclaycard).  It took me a while to navigate through the process but mainly as my MacBook was blocking the relevant pop up. Also you don't need to log into your Barclaycard account.

If you dont have or want a Barclaycard there are various other methods of getting free ATV as per the following link: https://www.tomsguide.com/news/apple-tv-plus-free-trials 

I hope this help some of you 😀

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Best Answers
This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert Answer

Re: More free Apple TV (5 months)

I've had Apple TV+ for over two years and never paid a penny for it through various offers. Some offers like the Sky & Currys deals from last year were stackable, then adding the Barclaycard deal afterwards gave another 5 months. 
It's also worth noting that if you're an Apple household and set up family sharing, other members can claim any deals you've had before, activate them and share them with you, so if you get the timings right you can get double the duration of the free subs very easily! 
We watch a lot of stuff on Apple TV+ and have enjoyed many series like Hijack, The Crowded Room, Slow Horses, Physical, The Morning Show, The Afterparty, Silo, Blackbird, Bad Sisters and For All Mankind amongst others. If Apple stopped doing the free offers then I'd happily pay for it TBH, but whilst it's still free I'll continue to enjoy it! 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Jason+Golding This message was authored by: Jason+Golding

Any EE customers is also entitled to 6 months free Apple TV on their plan 

Sky Stream x 2
LG C2 OLED 55inch
Sonos Playbar
Virgin 1 Gig
Virgin Stream Box
Xbox X
Apple TV 4K
Amazon 4K Firestick
Fothergill1
Topic Author
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Jason+Golding wrote:

@Jason+Golding Yes, I see that, it's another of the options shown in the link above.  Also owning a PS4 or PS5 qualifies amongst others.  ATV seem to be giving away free trials al over the place.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@Jason+Golding wrote:

@Jason+Golding Yes, I see that, it's another of the options shown in the link above.  Also owning a PS4 or PS5 qualifies amongst others.  ATV seem to be giving away free trials al over the place.

Six months free Apple tv with EE cheapest sim on a 12 month contract for 1GB  of data at £16.00 pm so on paper it's £9.01 for the 1GB data  for 6 months =£54.06 then £6.99 for Apple TV + for 6 months = £41.94

So the initial cost for 6 months of free Apple tv + is £96.00 then another £96.00 for the rest of your contract after you cancel Apple TV+ Total cost £192.00

A years Apple TV+ subscription is only £69.00🤣🤣

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Fothergill1 

Any idea if you can sign up to this offer if I'm currently in the midst of a separate 3 months trial ? 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
Fothergill1
Topic Author

@Jporch316 wrote:

@Fothergill1 

Any idea if you can sign up to this offer if I'm currently in the midst of a separate 3 months trial ? 

@Jporch316 Below is a cut and paste from the Barclaycard offer but I don't knpw it it applies to the other offers (have a look at the link to the "Tom's Guide" article in my post OP above).

"You won’t be able to redeem this offer if you have an ongoing Apple TV Plus subscription, but you do have until September 22 to take advantage of it"

I'm now back up and running with ATV.  I had to sign in on my Glass TV but my ATV Puck recognised I was signed up straight away 😀

@Fothergill1 

The only show I watch on apple is the foundation - hopefully my current 3 month offer will last until the season ends ........

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
Fothergill1
Topic Author

@Jporch316 I watched Slow Horses when I first started the Sky free 6 months and it was excellent and I'm hoping for series 3.  I also watched Severance which unfortunately is time I will never get back.  I intend to watch Hijack next and have Foundation on my radar AND it's all free 😀

@Fothergill1 

Foundation is proper good ..... I don't know what's going on most of the time though 😂😂

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert Answer

I've had Apple TV+ for over two years and never paid a penny for it through various offers. Some offers like the Sky & Currys deals from last year were stackable, then adding the Barclaycard deal afterwards gave another 5 months. 
It's also worth noting that if you're an Apple household and set up family sharing, other members can claim any deals you've had before, activate them and share them with you, so if you get the timings right you can get double the duration of the free subs very easily! 
We watch a lot of stuff on Apple TV+ and have enjoyed many series like Hijack, The Crowded Room, Slow Horses, Physical, The Morning Show, The Afterparty, Silo, Blackbird, Bad Sisters and For All Mankind amongst others. If Apple stopped doing the free offers then I'd happily pay for it TBH, but whilst it's still free I'll continue to enjoy it! 

Fothergill1
Topic Author

@SlenderRobert The family sharing is something that hadn't occurred to me.  Thanks for the info it's well worth exploring.

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Fothergill1 wrote:

@SlenderRobert The family sharing is something that hadn't occurred to me.  Thanks for the info it's well worth exploring.

It's very handy. We've had 'extended' free subs to Apple News+, Fitness+ and TV+ over the past couple of years. There always seem to be deals floating around. Once you've set up the family sharing you can easily choose which subs to share from your Apple account, so once one person's sub ends you just get the other person to claim and activate a new free sub and then share it. 

Fothergill1
Topic Author

Although this original post was not posed as a question but was meant to purely be informative I feel that the response from @SlenderRobert was so interesting and useful to other users I will mark it as an answer.

If any of the moderators or SU+ feel this has been wrongly applied then by all means remove the answer tag.

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Thanks @Fothergill1 - I usually get ritually burned for mentioning the 'A' word, but glad you found it useful! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion