Discussion topic: Image flickers regularly

This message was authored by Samp117 This message was authored by: Samp117

Image flickers regularly

Since I got my sky glass the image flickers every now and then. Recently this has been increasingly problematic. 
It appears to happen across every streaming app (Disney, Netflix, prime, and Apple TV) - not yet sure about live tv. 
Visually the problem looks like the backlight is cutting out for a frame or something (everything gets momentarily dimmer). I thought this could be related to when the content changes scene (ie from dark scene to a light scene) but this is not the case. It happens mid-shot when the content of the image has not changed. It does not happen when the image is paused. 

I read a while ago about similar things in these forums saying it was fixed in a software update, however this is not the case for me. 
I have tried turning off the local dimming and auto-backlight adjustments but it still seems to happen. 

I am running the entertainment OS 1.2, and build version QS021.008.00P. 

Can anyone suggest anything I have not tried, or do I just need to contact sky at this point? Sadly I have had the tv just over 12 months now, so not sure if warranty covers it. 

thanks. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by J_Tyler This message was authored by: J_Tyler Answer

Re: Image flickers regularly

@Samp117 

Sky Glass comes with a two year warranty. 
Give Sky a ring and ask for a replacement. 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by J_Tyler This message was authored by: J_Tyler Answer

Re: Image flickers regularly

@Samp117 

Sky Glass comes with a two year warranty. 
Give Sky a ring and ask for a replacement. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion