Discussion topic: How to cancel Sky TV free trial?

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

How to cancel Sky TV free trial?

Hi! 

So I signed up for the Sky Entertainment and Netflix in one with a 1 month free trial and just this evening I have set it up but its just not something I wish to have. 

How can I cancel it as it is a free trial and I do not wish to purchase anything going forward. 

Thank you!

Best Answers
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Re: How to cancel Sky TV free trial?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Anonymous 

You will need to call Sky. We are fellow subscribers here on the forum. You have to give 31 days notice.

Go to this page: https://www.sky.com/help/home and scroll down to need more help? You will see an 0333 number. Unfortunately the forum doesn't allow us to post numbers.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Hi @Anonymous 

You will need to call Sky. We are fellow subscribers here on the forum. You have to give 31 days notice.

Go to this page: https://www.sky.com/help/home and scroll down to need more help? You will see an 0333 number. Unfortunately the forum doesn't allow us to post numbers.

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
Topic Author
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Ok @mikealanr Thanks for your help!

This message was authored by poptasticboy This message was authored by: poptasticboy

So just to be clear, if you have to give 31 days' notice, then surely that means there is no way to avoid paying for the 2nd month after the "free trial"? Do I understand that correctly? 

I would like to try a genuine free trial, but not if I will be forced to pay £31 for a 2nd month before they will let me cancel... it wouldn't be "free" trial then.

This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr

@poptasticboy 

Sky don't change for full months so you would pay on a pro rata basis for the days used. But It really shouldn't be called a free trial, it's basically first month free.

The legal wording:

Sky Glass and Sky Stream require Streaming TV subscription consisting of Sky Ultimate TV subscription (Sky Entertainment and Netflix Standard with Ads) (£28pm with 24 month minimum term when joining or re-contracting for £31pm on 31 day rolling contract). Standard set up fee of £39.95 applies when taking a Sky Stream Puck. Third party subscriptions required for some apps. All content on Sky Glass or Sky Stream is streamed via broadband, minimum speed of 25mbps recommended. 18+. UK, CI, IoM residential customers only.

https://www.sky.com/tv/stream

MikeAlanR

---

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion