Discussion topic: Having problems with sky Glass TV

This message was authored by shaukat57 This message was authored by: shaukat57

Having problems with sky Glass TV

when i purchased the sky glass Tv 55" and i had problems since the start. contacting sky technical department is an issue i had to contact them so many times they they agreed that there is a problem with TV so they replaced. After few months i started having problem where the TV wouldn't start till you take the plug out and then you put it back. also many time you could start the TV by pressing the on/off button and wait for it for atleast 15 to 20 minutes then it starts. what can be done about this as sky would make any excuse to fog you off.

All Replies

This message was authored by RachelFung This message was authored by: RachelFung

Re: Having problems with sky Glass TV

We have tried often, but we can't do it. The reason is that we have tested that the speed of the program does not meet the speed of the contract. Please help follow up.

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RachelFung wrote:

We have tried often, but we can't do it. The reason is that we have tested that the speed of the program does not meet the speed of the contract. Please help follow up.

Your contracted broadband speed is the speed to your router, it doesn't account for the speed to devices within your home, as that would be affected by your Wifi network which is out of the control of the ISPs. Some ISPs offer additional add-ons you can purchase for Wifi extenders to help strengthen the Wifi signal in your property. Wifi signals are heavily affected by interference.

Have you tried disabling Wifi in the settings and connecting via an ethernet cable instead to see if this helps?

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by RachelFung This message was authored by: RachelFung

Please ask the staff to come to my house to check, because our Internet speed is very low, and the TV screen often rotates again.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RachelFung wrote:

Please ask the staff to come to my house to check, because our Internet speed is very low, and the TV screen often rotates again.

No one can do that as we are customers like you and any staff here have no access to your account, more over they would not know who you are from your forum ID.

Can you post your router stats so the forum can advise on any issues. This link explains how to do that https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion