Discussion topic: HDMI ports no longer recognising Xbox since updating after tv guide issue.

This message was authored by JoshD1997 This message was authored by: JoshD1997

HDMI ports no longer recognising Xbox since updating after tv guide issue.

i recently spoke with sky regarding the black screen no sound issue when connected to a games console. was advised to turn off unplug and leave for 30 mins to allow tv to pull update from server.  however after updating I lost both my tv guide and also all hdmi connection even though older device compatibility is enabled. another phone call to sky where i then was advised to do a factory reset. this resolved the tv guide and menu issue however i am still unable to connect to my xbox even though before all this faff it would recognise the input and work ok (apart from black screen no sound issue.) is anybody able to advise a solution please? seems to be issue after issue with sky glass and im slowly losing patience with these bugs/issues

All Replies

This message was authored by Duttonh This message was authored by: Duttonh

Re: HDMI ports no longer recognising Xbox since updating after tv guide issue.

I am having the same issue with my xbox one and sky glass , I have tried everything I can think of but still nothing , worked fine when I got it , had no issues , I'm getting close to sending sky glass back due to all its faults and not able to restart programmes without it turning off or freezing after a couple of minutes playback and then I need to unplug it to reset it then it won't allow me to restart the programme again , waste of money and wasting my time . 

This message was authored by Tim+Adams This message was authored by: Tim+Adams

Re: HDMI ports no longer recognising Xbox since updating after tv guide issue.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hey @Duttonh 

Have you reported these issues to Sky?

Thanks,

Tim

Sky Glass with Sky Live, Sky Stream & Sky Protect - FTTP 2Gbps

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion