Discussion topic: Glass TV 55’ UNRESPONSIVE☹️☹️☹️

This message was authored by Norcliffe This message was authored by: Norcliffe

Glass TV 55’ UNRESPONSIVE☹️☹️☹️

2nd Sky Glass 55', 3rd remote,.

TV hung on rotating ads, remote unresponsive, 'Hello Sky' unresopnsive... WITS END ☹️☹️☹️

All Replies

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

Re: Glass TV 55’ UNRESPONSIVE☹️☹️☹️

@Norcliffe wrote:

2nd Sky Glass 55', 3rd remote,.

TV hung on rotating ads, remote unresponsive, 'Hello Sky' unresopnsive... WITS END ☹️☹️☹️

Tried a reboot? Turn it off at the wall for 10 minutes then power it back on and see if that helps. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Norcliffe 

I'd suggest that if two sets have done the same thing, it's the local environment which should be suspected as the cause.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@TimmyBGood wrote:

@Norcliffe 

I'd suggest that if two sets have done the same thing, it's the local environment which should be suspected as the cause.

Indeed might be worth changing the connection method from WiFi to Ethernet or Ethernet to WiFi and see if that helps. If going from WiFi to Ethernet ensure you disable the WiFi in the glass settings.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Norcliffe
Topic Author
This message was authored by Norcliffe This message was authored by: Norcliffe

Tried hardwired - NO JOY

Environment - MacMini about 4'' away works perfectly.

Cannot disable Wireless as I cannot get to any menus.

Unpluffed for a total of 8 hours (1, 3 & 4 hours)

No response - worked in both software/hardware over 35 years - very savvy.

This message was authored by peter-marlow+1966 This message was authored by: peter-marlow+1966

Ring sky

This message was authored by Padam_Padam This message was authored by: Padam_Padam

@Norcliffe 

Have you tried the 'wringing out' method with the remote to try and spark it back to life? I went through three remotes during my time with Stream and when one of them died I was able to revive it by gripping it quite tightly and twisting it, as if wringing out a cloth, for a short period. This sometimes loosens the glue around the contacts and allows current to flow again. It worked for one of mine for a while, until it gave up again and needed replacing. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion