Discussion topic: E4 HD not working?

This message was authored by LK123 This message was authored by: LK123

E4 HD not working?

I've just tried to put on E4 HD but it's saying it can't be played right now because of rights restrictions? Any ideas? I've never had anything like this pop up before and I've had the TV over 12 months now. 

All Replies

This message was authored by J_Tyler This message was authored by: J_Tyler

Re: E4 HD not working?

@LK123 wrote:

I've just tried to put on E4 HD but it's saying it can't be played right now because of rights restrictions? Any ideas? I've never had anything like this pop up before and I've had the TV over 12 months now. 

It can happen with certain content when streaming rights have been changed between a broadcaster and Sky. 

Try using the Channel 4 app and play the live channel stream from there. 

This message was authored by Ejmonghan This message was authored by: Ejmonghan

I've got the same and it's a programme I was watching earlier, so I don't understand. 

This message was authored by BeeM001 This message was authored by: BeeM001

It's happening to us too. Nothing to do with the programme, it's the channel. Not available via the app either. 

This message was authored by J_Tyler This message was authored by: J_Tyler

It's available on the live stream on the Channel 4 app on the Apple TV 4K box and on the Channel 4 website so it's something to do with Sky. 

Yep, Sky Glass. Just another of the rubbish 'teething problems'. It really is a poor execution of a good idea. My5 still not working, and it's been months now. 

This message was authored by AJM1972 This message was authored by: AJM1972

What were you trying to watch?

--
Sky Glass Medium. Previously Sky Q, Sky + HD. 600Mbps Gigaclear FTTP .
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It's generally related to the rights channel 4 have which allows them the "live" streaming rights for a show or seasons of a show but only via their own app. 

The E4 stream channel via Sky glass/stream is served in a different way I.e not via the channel 4 app which is the reason you occasionally get these restrictions.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Anything! The whole channel was unavailable. It's working again now so I assume either Sky or E4 have sorted it out. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion