Discussion topic: Dolby Atmos on Netflix

This message was authored by Astongooner This message was authored by: Astongooner

Dolby Atmos on Netflix

I have had sky stream for about a day and apart from 1 puck of 4 not wanting fire up without a lot of coaxing it has been pretty smooth so far with a mix of hard wired and WiFi connections all pucks seem to be working well.

I have a query around sound on Netflix app I can get Dolby vision on those TV's that can display it but only get 5.1 sound options.  

I can when using the Apple TV and Disney+ apps get both Dolby Vision and Dolby atmos I also get Atmos on any Sky programme that has it.

I have tried rebooting but get the same outcome. 

any suggestions appreciated 

Ex Sky Q current Sky Stream user

Best Answers
This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip Answer

Re: Dolby Atmos on Netflix

@Astongooner 

Have you set the puck sound options to Auto? settings>Sound and Display>Auto, 

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Floydianslip This message was authored by: Floydianslip Answer

@Astongooner 

Have you set the puck sound options to Auto? settings>Sound and Display>Auto, 

Astongooner
Topic Author
This message was authored by Astongooner This message was authored by: Astongooner

No it is set to Dolby Digital Plus will have a play

This message was authored by CoffeeDrinker This message was authored by: CoffeeDrinker

Getting Dolby Atmos on Netflix here on a Stream puck (paying for the top tier Netflix add-on), watched opening couple of Lockwood & Co in 4K, DV & DA on Monday night. Puck sound option is set to pass through, presumably passing the Atmos encloded DD+ bitstream straight out to my Denon AVR for decoding.

Sky Glass & Streak Puck customer w/Sky Entertainments & Netflix, Sky Cinema, Whole Home & UHD/Dolby Atmos add-on.
Astongooner
Topic Author

Thanks that has done the trick much appreciated 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion