Discussion topic: Deauthorising Sky Glass

This message was authored by Dobbo This message was authored by: Dobbo

Deauthorising Sky Glass

I'm having a problem with Sky deauthorising my Sky Glass.  All bought and paid for two tears ago.  As my packages were due for renewal I decided to ditch the Glass and bought a quality OLED tv and change to Sky Stream.  Agreed with Sky that the Glass would be shut down and the Stream become the prominent unit.  However, when I set up the Stream and looked at the forthcoming bills I noticed I was being charged £12 for Whole Home, something I didn't agree to have or want.  It's been two weeks now and they appear not to be able to deauthorise the Glass.  Has anyone else encountered this problem ?  

Best Answers
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Re: Deauthorising Sky Glass

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Dobbo 

You will need to make your puck your primary device, however for it to work the glass needs to be removed from your account.

Change your primary device

Want to watch your subscription on a different device? If you’ve got multiple devices, you can change your primary device online by signing into your account.

Good to know: If there's a Sky Glass TV on your account, this will automatically be the primary device. You won’t be able to select a Sky Stream puck to be the primary device instead.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/your-devices-sky-glass

Have you tried setting your puck as a primary device? Is the glass still showing on your account?

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Fothergill1 

didn't you recently do something similar ?

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by mikealanr This message was authored by: mikealanr Answer

Hi @Dobbo 

You will need to make your puck your primary device, however for it to work the glass needs to be removed from your account.

Change your primary device

Want to watch your subscription on a different device? If you’ve got multiple devices, you can change your primary device online by signing into your account.

Good to know: If there's a Sky Glass TV on your account, this will automatically be the primary device. You won’t be able to select a Sky Stream puck to be the primary device instead.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/your-devices-sky-glass

Have you tried setting your puck as a primary device? Is the glass still showing on your account?

MikeAlanR

---
65” Sky Glass ocean blue, Sky Live, 4 streaming pucks and EE FTTP Busiest Home (circa 1.6 Gbps download). Former Sky Q, Sky+ HD and Sky+ customer.
Dobbo
Topic Author

Thanks for your reply.

The Sky Glass is still showing on my account.  However neither the Stream or Glass is showing as th the primary account. As the Glass by default is the primary device I assuming that's why it can't be deauthorised.  Sky have been working on it for two weeks now and are no further forward.  I'm considering cancelling everything (I have two weeks left on the cooling off period for the new package) and starting afresh.  

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Hi @Dobbo as mentioned by @Jporch316 I did exactly that last December.  Like you I owned my Glass as it was paid for in full in July 2022.  Changing the primary device was not something I was able to do online as by default the Glass must be the primary if you both Glass and a Stream puck.

Initially I ordered a Stream puck and whole home which I took on a rolling monthly contract.  My intention was to move the Glass to the bedroom but when we did so we decided it was actually too big.  I phoned Sky and asked for the Glass TV and Whole home to be removed from my account and to make the Stream puck my primary and only device.  I was advised that this was not straightforward.  The adviser tried in vain to make the changes herself so she sent a query to one of the backroom teams asking for instruction on how to do it.  She said she would phone me back once she had the necessary advice.

She phoned me back after about 30 minutes and told me that the backroom team had actually made the amendments to my account for her as it was not something a Customer Service  adviser could do.  She asked me to check my account in a few of hours and to let her know if there was an issues.  She also reminded me to do a factory reset on my glass before selling it.  Excellent customer service.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Dobbo
Topic Author

Thanks for your reply.

I found your reply reassuring, as I was getting the impression that the problem was unique to me.

i had exactly the same problems and eventually the problem was referred to the technical department.  However that was last Sunday and as of todays date I have not had an update and everything remains as it did, with both streaming devices showing., and Whole Home, thanks 

i have raised a formal complaint.  But at least now I have your reply I can refer to.

Dobbo
Topic Author

***UPDATE***

Thought I would give an update on the issue.  Sky have still failed to deregister the Sky Glass so still in limbo.  

This message was authored by Matthew1990 This message was authored by: Matthew1990

This is awful news. Any update? We are about to clear the CCA on our 65 sky glass. It was always a bedroom TV anyway and our main viewing is through a puck downstairs on the OLED. Honestly the glass isn't worth the money. It's awful UI and laggy use has pushed me over the edge. I plan to take it off the account I'll just throw an Apple TV into it and use it as a screen which is about all it's good for (and even that is awful). I wished I never went for it now the price of it compared to better TV's even with an added cost of a soundbar makes it an awful decision. But to now know I'm going to go through hell to take it off the account and remove whole home is not fun. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion