Discussion topic: Crackly/vibration sound

This message was authored by Bluetof This message was authored by: Bluetof

Crackly/vibration sound

Any ideas how to stop crackly/vibration sound from speaker at bottom right corner, sounds like a rattle with heavy bass 

All Replies

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

Re: Crackly/vibration sound

@Bluetof wrote:

Any ideas how to stop crackly/vibration sound from speaker at bottom right corner, sounds like a rattle with heavy bass 

Turn the bass down or, better still, get Sky to replace the unit. You've paid a lot of money for it so you should expect better quality. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bluetof 

As @SlenderRobert suggests, or use an AV receiver on eARC with external speakers.  Our (second) Glass set has the same problem with its built-in subwoofer, but we never hear it.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by MickyH1982 This message was authored by: MickyH1982

I was having this exact same issue, when i had bass turned on it used to vibrate and crackle which made the sound horrible. I've seen alot of people sending their tv's back to sky through this problem. Well.... i think i've found a fix for this, don't quote me on it but it worked for me and now the sounds class. What i did was, firstly i rebooted my sky glass tv by unplugging it and leaving it for 5 minutes before plugging it back in and turning the tv back on, then i got a screw driver, underneath the soundbar on the base of the tv there is screws on the left and right hand side, i made sure i tightened everyone of them, then made sure i had bass boost turned on and cranked up the volume and tried it out on a few different movies with and without dolby atmos, and as if by magic, no more vibrating, crackling or rattle. Hopefully is could be the problem for alot of you, give it a try and see if it works for you before sending your tv back to sky.

This message was authored by PezzaJP This message was authored by: PezzaJP

Sounds like its the SubWoofer -  they use nylon tape in the build to keep wires down, this tape comes loose over time (due to poor stickiness) and vibrates at around half volume when there high base. If you are out of warranty open up the case and look at the subwoofer you'll see it - just pull the loose tape up and away and problem soved.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion