Discussion topic: Controller will not sync to TV

This message was authored by KieronJ00 This message was authored by: KieronJ00

Controller will not sync to TV

I've recently been experiencing a few technical issues with sky glass, I've phoned up and sky have issued me a new controller as my previous controller would not work on the TV, voice control works perfectly fine  and I've tried the 1-3 button for 3 seconds and still won't sync and have restarted the TV and still nothing and now having the same issue with the new controller I've been issued, any suggestions would be appreciated as I am more than stuck 

All Replies

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Controller will not sync to TV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KieronJ00 There are a few other things you can try.  I see you have tried a basic reset and that hasn't worked so maybe try a hard reset as follows (I suspect it won't work either but it's worth a try):

With Glass turned off at the wall:

Hold 4 & 6 for 10 seconds

Hold 7 & 9 for 10 seconds

Turn on Glass TV wait for it to reboot & go to homepage

Hold 1 & 3 until it says it is connected or gives instructions on screen

You can also try the troubleshooting guides below:

Troubleshooting guide

Remote help

You could also try holding the remote at both ends and giving it a gentle twist as though you were wringing out a cloth. Even though it sounds an unlikely solution it has worked for many people including me when my remote stopped working a few months ago..

If none of the above works then post back here and I can escalate your post to the Community Messaging Team. 

If you have one available you can use a Sky Q remote as a temporary measure.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion