Discussion topic: Can I set up Sky App, Alexa or iPhone to control the sky glass?

This message was authored by Alexmcg This message was authored by: Alexmcg

Can I set up Sky App, Alexa or iPhone to control the sky glass?

Can i use alexa or iphone to control sky glass? My dad has trouble using the remote and the voice controls, hes 88.  He often sits staring at the blank screen as he cannot change channels etc. Is it possible for me to control the television any other way? App/alexa/iphone?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Can I set up Sky App, Alexa or iPhone to control the sky glass?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Alexmcg wrote:

Can i use alexa or iphone to control sky glass? My dad has trouble using the remote and the voice controls, hes 88.  He often sits staring at the blank screen as he cannot change channels etc. Is it possible for me to control the television any other way? App/alexa/iphone?

Short answer is no, there is no Alexa skill that would work with Glass/Stream

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Exiled-in-HH This message was authored by: Exiled-in-HH

Is the issue the remote is too small so he can't use it?

Exiled in HH
Alexmcg
Topic Author
This message was authored by Alexmcg This message was authored by: Alexmcg

No, he just forgets what he's supposed to press to get the tv guide up etc. he just can't work it anymore. He phones me wanting to put something on but I can't even talk him thru it anymore, too confusing for him. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion