Discussion topic: Baxter

This message was authored by Spb This message was authored by: Spb

Baxter

There is a problem with the motion sensor. The tv will turn off if no motion is detected but it won't turn on when  walk in the room for instance, I do have the setting set to on so I would like some tech support as advised by the sky sales representative 

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Baxter

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Spb  This is a customer helps customer forum, there is no "Tech Support" via this route.

Have you turned the TV off at the wall & back on again?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Spb  This is a customer helps customer forum, there is no "Tech Support" via this route.

Have you turned the TV off at the wall & back on again?

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Spb a reboot might resolve the problem.  Switch off at the wall socket for a minute and then switch it back on.  It will take about a minute to reboot.

Personally I found all these options annoying and also, as you have found, they created their own problems.  I ended up turning them all off except for the Networked Standby Mode which I turned on.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
Spb
Topic Author

Yes I'm aware of that the representative wasn't clear on this however thanks for the advice and I'll now give it a shot and get back to you , thanks 

Spb
Topic Author

@Fothergill1 @GD1 

thank you both for the advice I tried to switch of at the mains,  left it a few minutes, same issue occurred, I decided to factory reset it but I still have the same issue, so again turned off at the mains plug out but still left with the same problem I paid cash for the tv I'm still in my 31 day cooling off period so I think I may get a replacement, I know at the end of the day it's my choice, what do you two think? 
id hate to have another tv arrive and have some off the horrific problems I've read on here lol!

at the end of the day it's not a huge issue and the tv is great apart from that so I'm unsure what my next move should be, thanks to you both for the prompt reply 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Spb wrote:

@Fothergill1 @GD1 

thank you both for the advice I tried to switch of at the mains,  left it a few minutes, same issue occurred, I decided to factory reset it but I still have the same issue, so again turned off at the mains plug out but still left with the same problem I paid cash for the tv I'm still in my 31 day cooling off period so I think I may get a replacement, I know at the end of the day it's my choice, what do you two think? 
id hate to have another tv arrive and have some off the horrific problems I've read on here lol!

at the end of the day it's not a huge issue and the tv is great apart from that so I'm unsure what my next move should be, thanks to you both for the prompt reply 

If you're going down that route why not use the refund towards a proper smart TV and just get Sky stream?

Spb
Topic Author

That was a bit heavy, and unclear 

I done what you guys said l, then I done a factory reset still have the same issue.

i suppose it's now the decision of do I get a replacement or do I just bite the bulllet, thanks 

Spb
Topic Author

@GD1  I bought a refurbished model 55 inch in white so I got a great deal 455 I think I paid 

Spb
Topic Author

@GD1  I suppose it wouldn't make much sence in doing so I have another Samsung OLED I've not even looked into or aware of what sky stream or the package options  

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Spb wrote:

@GD1  I suppose it wouldn't make much sence in doing so I have another Samsung OLED I've not even looked into or aware of what sky stream or the package options  

Sky stream is the same as Sky Glass but without the TV & Live camera options, you get a small box instead called a puck.  I'd say using the samsung with the stream puck would give you better pictures especially on UHD content over the Glass TV.

However if you can live with the auto switch on not working that would be up to you.

Spb
Topic Author

@GD1  Yeah  that could be an option for sure, I do like the sky glass tv blends in nice 

I think I'll get a replacement.

the Samsungs more for playing games which I hardly ever do it goes to waste on the bedroom stand 

@GD1 @Fothergill1  thank you both for the help/ advice, much appreciated 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion