Discussion topic: And it's a Good Bye from Me 😉

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

And it's a Good Bye from Me 😉

The trauma of Stream is actually causing arguments, crazy it's TV!

The puck had to be rebooted no less than 3 times today. Playlist and CW still as we know a mess.

The ease of use of Apple TV, with ITVX app that works alongside an incredibly easy Up Next rail that also works has won the day.

My call to Sky lasted just 8 minutes and that includes getting to the right department etc. I just said I have Sky Stream and would like to cancel, no worries it will end 2nd of March, anything else I can help with? No attempt to keep me or switch back to Q.

I'll just get Now, yes no UHD but save £20 a month even taking out  Paramount+ and Netflix direct.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by JonP83 This message was authored by: JonP83

Re: And it's a Good Bye from Me 😉

I feel your pain, Stream is really temporamental and not ready.

I logged a complaint last year, which the end result was that someone would be in touch in a few months to check how things are and discuss compensation.

I droped a mail to the exec team, to find out when they where going to reach out and discuss the complaint and compensation, along with a list of my issues, and the fact that they are offering discounts to poeple that regularly complain.  In response they send me a mail advising the issue is with my WiFi and a list of non-relevant links.

Stream is being sold too early and the care and complaint teams don't care anymore - it used to be that Sky was a premium player, now they charge a premium for a poor service.

Topic Author

With Now I'll get Entertainment & Cinema alongside Boost for £15 a no brainer really as it is true AD free on catchup and Apple TV upscales so I'm very happy with picture quality.

The only thing I may lose out on is Discovery+ but I watch it so little not worried.

I may come back to Sky in a year or so when hopefully they get things sorted but for now, phew what a ride 😅 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous 

You lost your bottle .....😂

illlet you know when the profiles are in 😂

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
Topic Author

@Jporch316 ðŸ˜‚😂😂

Well I have a 43" Glass TV in a spare room collecting dust and a wonderful Apple TV.

I'm on Beta with Apple, very stable and today's picture enhanced upgrade matches Sky stream. It came at the right time as Sky Stream picture quality was the positive for me.

It's the best move for me, I stuck the course for 4 months. 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous 

You ll be back 

if not I'll see you next time I'm down the beach ........

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Dazzar51 This message was authored by: Dazzar51

I have connected an apple box to the glass tv and it works great 

Sky Glass 55 and x3 Pucks and become very irritated by sky glass
Download 900 upload 300 so don’t blame my internet .
Topic Author

@Dazzar51 

My Apple TV is connected to an LG OLED as was the Puck.  To save further hassle it's neatly packed away for possible future use in a year or so maybe 🤔 

This message was authored by Ben1980 This message was authored by: Ben1980

The minute NOW adds 4k I am going back to my Apple TV setup. 

Only moved back to Q because of a NHS offer my wife had as Broadband is basically free for 18 month. 

Up Next is great, wish it included Netflix but cant have it all. Such a shame Stream is not quite ready and my Glass is gathering dust in another room. 

Topic Author

@Ben1980 

Same I put my Glass in the spare room after a month or so. The latest Apple TV is quite neat and now it has a TV launcher it's got everything.

True not linked to Netflix but is linked to NOW and every other major app even Pluto TV and Freevee and when you add to up next it's there, when you watch it it goes and if you no longer want it click and away.

If only.....

This message was authored by Pistonhead This message was authored by: Pistonhead

@Anonymous wrote:

...and today's picture enhanced upgrade matches Sky stream.

Could you elaborate on the picture enhancement comment?
I have done exactly the same as you and managed to get tbe Now Entertainment pack on a good deal. I did this just before I went on holiday and won't be back home for another couple of weeks. I'm intrigued what picture enhancement I may see on my return. In the short time I used Now on my 2022 AppleTV befor I left I was very pleased with it on my LG OLED.

Also, like you, it was easy peasy to cancel Stream with little attempt to try and persuade me otherwise. 

LG OLED65B1 • Apple TV 4K • Sky Superfast BB
Topic Author

@Pistonhead 

Are you running beta?

There is no new menu adjustments to make but Apple have tweaked software to aid in the upscaling. Take a look at My5 catch up there is an improvement there.

I've not run NOW yet I've got a deal, Entertainment, Movies & Boost (NO ADS, 3 simultaneous devices and 6 linked) £16.00

By subscribing to Paramount, Netflix Discovery+ and Sky content outside of Sky contract I save £20 per month. It was a no brainer, better kit and I save. It was never about the money but £20 a month is a big bonus.

Thankfully, Apple TV has added support for Automatic Dynamic Range Switching (ADR) and Automatic Frame Rate Switching (AFRS). These new features let your TV automatically switch between display modes based on the current picture quality. In the past, your Apple TV would just pick up the highest refresh rate available, which would upscale content to 4K.

This message was authored by Pistonhead This message was authored by: Pistonhead

Thanks for the info. I was running the beta tvOS 16.3 on AppleTV before my hols which has been publicly released whilst I'm away, I expect beta tvOS 16.4 will be available by the time I get back. I'm not running Now beta software. 

LG OLED65B1 • Apple TV 4K • Sky Superfast BB
Topic Author

@Anonymous - I feel your pain and I am not far behind you.  

The family all jumped on board the ATV switch over and we will be also adding NOW to our line up.  If you havent already I would purchase the TV Launcher App, which gives you the TV guide (I think its £4.99).

We will be sticking with Glass for another month, then its time to purchase a new TV to replace the Glass.

This message was authored by SlenderRobert This message was authored by: SlenderRobert

@Anonymous @Anonymous 

As a long term ATV 4K user be aware that the NOW app on tvOS will not provide 5.1 audio on any on demand content, even with Boost. 
It's been a very long standing gripe for all ATV users of NOW, one which has been known about for years, but which they seem incapable of fixing. 5.1 does play on live content (Entertainment & Cinema) just not on anything On Demand. 
I ended up ditching NOW as we watch so little Sky content. I still use Stream for the odd show. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion