Discussion topic: Sky app accessibility settings

This message was authored by SkyUse8458 This message was authored by: SkyUse8458

Sky app accessibility settings

Please could the Sky mobile app have accessibility settings? Options to turn off animations, video, and sound, as well as dark theme for the UI would make the app much easier to use.

All Replies

This message was authored by DaveAccess This message was authored by: DaveAccess

Re: Sky app accessibility settings

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @SkyUse8458  Thanks for the question. Can you please clarify, which app are you referring to? Is it Sky Go? And are you on iPhone or Android?

If Sky Go, I can't think of anywhere in the app, aside from when you are playing content, that we have auto-playing video or sound. But if you can point me to it I can look into it.

Thanks

SkyUse8458
Topic Author
This message was authored by SkyUse8458 This message was authored by: SkyUse8458

It's the My Sky app on Android. App version number is 7.5.2 updated on 14 Jan 2021.

SkyUse8458
Topic Author

@DaveAccess It's the My Sky app for Andoid. It looks like the auto-playing videos are not as prominent as when I created the original post. It still would be nice to have a dark UI theme, but I know sometimes these are never added if there isn't enough demand for it.

This message was authored by DaveAccess This message was authored by: DaveAccess

Posted by a Sky employee

Ok thank you. Will look into it.

How do you find using the app when you use Android's own built in settings for inverting colours etc?

SkyUse8458
Topic Author

> How do you find using the app when you use Android's own built in settings for inverting colours etc?

@DaveAccess The Android built in color invert option works well enough with the My Sky app. However, the problem then becomes having to toggle both the color invert as well as the dark theme for Android when switching apps. If you turn on Android's dark theme then turn on invert colors it then makes the UI light again for apps that have a native dark theme enabled.

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks @SkyUse8458 That makes sense.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion